Forums

Full Version: Ngobo translation issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are a few complications with this character that are a caused by a few questionable translations. I just wanted to clarify these so they might be errata'd and fixed for future printings.

-Assassination: It states that the attack cannot make any 'riposte.' I take it this translated to 'response.' While pretty clear, I'm not sure how familiar some of us Americans are with French or fencing, so it might be good to change.

-Poisoning: This is present on Ngwane as well. The word 'consecutively' is a little unclear (normally this word refers to multiple instances of the same action). I think '...loses at least 1 CP due to an attack...' might be more clear.

Hope this is correct and helps.
I think it's supposed to mean " loses more than 1 CP". That's the way i play it anyway.
(04-04-2010 04:37 PM)Vaxillus Wrote: [ -> ]-Assassination: It states that the attack cannot make any 'riposte.' I take it this translated to 'response.'
> right, it should be written this way : I will modify the card

-Poisoning: This is present on Ngwane as well. The word 'consecutively' is a little unclear (normally this word refers to multiple instances of the same action). I think '...loses at least 1 CP due to an attack...' might be more clear.
Right again, I will correct this too

And thanks for noticing
(04-04-2010 04:37 PM)Vaxillus Wrote: [ -> ]-Assassination: It states that the attack cannot make any 'riposte.' I take it this translated to 'response.'
> right, it should be written this way : I will modify the card

Right again, I will correct this too

And thanks for noticing
Glad I could help. Hopefully community proofreading will take some of the pressure off the staff.

(04-04-2010 11:48 PM)Mr Clock Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's supposed to mean " loses more than 1 CP". That's the way i play it anyway.
If that were the case, it would not specify 'loses at least 1 CP.' French to English isn't that complex.
(04-05-2010 04:00 PM)Vaxillus Wrote: [ -> ]French to English isn't that complex.
Yeah. It's just long if you want to avoid mistranslation Wink

S.
(04-06-2010 02:34 AM)sered Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2010 04:00 PM)Vaxillus Wrote: [ -> ]French to English isn't that complex.
Yeah. It's just long if you want to avoid mistranslation Wink

S.
Yeah, it's not easy by any means. I simply meant that the grammar structure and figures of speech are similar. From my time playing Confrontation, it always seemed the biggest barrier is the vocabulary and the slight variations in meanings between words.
Reference URL's