Forums

Full Version: Bamaka list help/suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Owen Matthew

Hello!

I just picked up Soft belly and stealthy shadow yesterday. I read the rules last night as well. I am excited to play the game soon… I’d like any advice on making a first group. I thought I’d just go with what I liked and hoped it might work out as a playable force.

I just bought the two above, and am I am thinking of adding dacke, bak, Tarar and that leaves me with 20 points left over. In terms of playing does this leave me with a reasonably well-balanced list? What do I do for the last 20 points… If I had 5 more points left over I’d go right for Negozi and probably not look back.

I really like Sabaka (really point-heavy though!), m’bonga, and gwala, as well. Zaafarani, ekevu and dhambizo are close runners up.

Out of these models is there any clear list that would be good to go with as a starter? I’ll probably end up with most of them but I am trying to get 100 done all at once. I kind of like having many small ones with one large guy, but after reading the rules it seems like it would be very easy to kill the big guys, while the small ones might go down from one exchange. Is it better to play with fewer stronger models in this game?

Thanks for your time!

Owen

Owen Matthew

OK, not much traffic here yet!

I broke down and got dacke, bak, Tarar.

For the 20 points that leaves me with m’bonga, and gwala, and dhambizo for my last 20 points.

I like all the models, so it comes down to what my force needs.
Thanks!

Owen
M'bonga has a gret model, and I like his stealthy rules, and he is a shooter, something I lack, though I am assuming in this game does not matter extremely. Plus his shooting seems pretty soft to me.

dhambizo, who also has a great model, very reminiscent of Rackhams old stuff to me (many of the Bamakas really) is an option. After reading his card I just cannot really "see" what he does for the fight, though. Is the spider disk worth it because he does not really look like he can handle himself in a fight and I already have 4 of those types in my force.

Gwala, really nice model, incredible face sculpt and nice gesture. He seems like an average fighter with one trick up his sleve, kind of like soft belly but she is below average as a combatant.

I feel like I have a bit of a confusing thing happening in my force, so any advice that could help me round it out is appreciated!

I have also been thinking about dropping Bak, then adding N'gozzi, but that leaves me with 10 points left over, and no other profiles to spend it on! It also brings me to 5 models, and I was excited to play with 6.
Ah, another noble warrior to reinforce the Bamaka's might ! Smile
With your team (Tarar, the twins, Soft-belly and Stealthy-shadow), I would recommand M'bonga.
As your most powerfull fighter - Tarar - is not that fast (SPD 4, very average for his cost), someone able to lower the enemies SPD is great. His ability to appear right behind the back of Tarar's target is also very interesting.
Dhambizao is quite interesting too, but more in a defensive type, with your team.
Gwala can make a very interesting leader, with his PSI of 5, but won't be as interesting in support as M'Bong or Dhambizao, for he is slower and his blast can only be used once.
If you wish to try Sabaka, be prepared ! He is the mightiest of them all, but he can only be efficient with good support, as he is quite slow for his cost (but he compensate with his ability to gain one AP) Cool

Owen Matthew

(12-11-2011 10:46 PM)Berf Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, another noble warrior to reinforce the Bamaka's might ! Smile
With your team (Tarar, the twins, Soft-belly and Stealthy-shadow), I would recommand M'bonga.
As your most powerfull fighter - Tarar - is not that fast (SPD 4, very average for his cost), someone able to lower the enemies SPD is great. His ability to appear right behind the back of Tarar's target is also very interesting.
Dhambizao is quite interesting too, but more in a defensive type, with your team.
Gwala can make a very interesting leader, with his PSI of 5, but won't be as interesting in support as M'Bong or Dhambizao, for he is slower and his blast can only be used once.
If you wish to try Sabaka, be prepared ! He is the mightiest of them all, but he can only be efficient with good support, as he is quite slow for his cost (but he compensate with his ability to gain one AP) Cool

Thank you Berf, and good to meet you!

I will go with M'bonga. His model is one of my favorites, and I really like the horn motiff on his head and Folayan's. Also, I am interested in his ability to shoot twice a round. I think that must be a help if I can keep him safe. Plus his ability to pop up anywhere could help with objectives and controling the board.

My brother is getting ISC, and now that I have done a bit of research I think this will be an uphill battle with all of my cheap little guys, but I am excited to try our first game soon!
Reference URL's