Forums

Full Version: Bamaka 'Pygmy' List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm already looking for a second faction (after ISC) and am quite taken with the little Bamakas, which luckily all add up to 100pts. I was just wondering if the list would be doomed to failure from the get go or if you reckon you could actually get a decent game out of them. I'm not looking to win games, but it'd be nice to put up a fight!

So it'd be:

Sekongo
Bak
Dacke
Ngozi
M'bonga

Later on I'd probably add Tarar, just for the novelty factor of how big he'd look!

Owen Matthew

(12-15-2011 01:53 AM)Dangerousbeans Wrote: [ -> ]So, I'm already looking for a second faction (after ISC) and am quite taken with the little Bamakas, which luckily all add up to 100pts. I was just wondering if the list would be doomed to failure from the get go or if you reckon you could actually get a decent game out of them. I'm not looking to win games, but it'd be nice to put up a fight!

So it'd be:

Sekongo
Bak
Dacke
Ngozi
M'bonga

Later on I'd probably add Tarar, just for the novelty factor of how big he'd look!

I have not played yet, and have only had the chance to work on my models and research and study the system. From what other have said it seems these little guys go down in a hit. their stats are so poor in many cases... but I wonder how missions and objectives would change the way they perform, though. This is almost certainly a list I will end up buying at some point, as my first 100 point faction, I already own, includes 3 of those models!

Why not proxy it and run a couple games with your group. Please let me know how it goes if you do!

Ngozi, I read from translating French forums, is pretty good. I like the model, and the high movement. I really tried to get him into my own group... no luck for the first composition.
I ordered them anyway. I got an idea for a paint scheme and that kind of sealed the deal! So ordered all the pygmies and a mireling for Sekonga's 'shadow beast' thing. Can't wait!

Owen Matthew

(12-17-2011 02:09 AM)Dangerousbeans Wrote: [ -> ]I ordered them anyway. I got an idea for a paint scheme and that kind of sealed the deal! So ordered all the pygmies and a mireling for Sekonga's 'shadow beast' thing. Can't wait!

post pictures when you get a chance, I'd love to see them!
I did a list with all pygmys and Sabaka, Its was fun to play. I too will get the latest 2 pygmies when I order next.

Pygmys were very fast and shadow hunter works a treat.

Looking forward to seeing painted models :-)
Sekongo and M'bonga arrived this morning, sadly though with Xmas looming I don't really have time to do anything with them (also still need to finish assembling the ISC starter for my first game tomorrow!)

Soon though....soon......
Full Pygmy list is hard to handle, having no really strong fighter, but it sure can be a pain.
Use your abilities wisely, especially Sekongo's Savage shadow. Ngosi with one Curare marker and under the Spooky spell can be pretty tough, too. Bak and Dacke make for diversion, Mbonga can be used to dispose of support fighters in the back or weakens the front line, making it easier for Ngosi, etc. Lots of possibilities, lots of fun Smile
And looking forward to seeing the painted ones Cool
Used this list last night, along with Tarar (we played 130pts). It actually worked quite well! Picked a mission that didn't rely on casualties and some very supportive tactical cards (adrenaline, enrage, contaminated area etc).

Bak and Dacke were great little speed bumps, they played almost exclusively defensively and got in the way a lot, both died around turn three but they really held the enemy up! Sekongo basically just spammed 'Fantasmagoria' and 'Nature's Wrath' (or whatever it's called), which helped a bit (although I'm not sure it was 30pts worth). M'bonga did as I expected, hung back and harassed his weaker support characters and N'gozi was an absolute beast!

Avoiding combat is preferable, but N'Gozi can be used like a wee homing missile. Give him 'adrenaline' then charge, attack again, and then use his SP ability to run away to safety. With 'fantasmagoria' on him and a rage marker he's definitely a force to be reckoned with! Everyone else is used to decoy/distract/get in the way. Really fun list to play and completely different from my usual ISC!
you gotta love the pygmies. Did it take long to play 130 points?
Not much longer than usual. About 2.5 hours but we were playing at the club so there was the general chit chat, fag breaks, dinner eating, etc. I think I'd be quite happy to play 150pts as standard. We played ona 3x3 board (and accounted for mission parameters and deployment accordingly) which I also enjoyed.
Reference URL's