Forums

Full Version: Brief Battle Report - ISC vs Convoy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So we had our second game of Eden last week, this time playing at the club to show off how super-sexy the models are..... they did get a lot of attention Big Grin

Anyway, it was the starter boxes but Covoy had Georg in place of the guy with the boomerang (as he appears to be quite, quite useless). I don't remember the whole game, but here's a run down with the juciest parts....

Missions were: Convoy - Infiltration, ISC - Excavations.

Turn 1

Everyone moves around a bit. We were playing on a sewer board (terraclips) so terrain was very important (as it wasn't so easy to just 'run past' anything). In sight of this, I moved my Ronin to block a doorway leading into my deployment zone, the Kunoichi was to the right on her own and, thanks to her great speed, managed to get mid-board and started to dig up the excavations there, the Daimyo hung back and started some excavations of his own. Most of the Convoy were set to face off against the Daimyo and Ronin, with only Angela and Leo out on his left flank. I kind of hoped I could just ignore them and let her make her VP's while killing everything else......

Turn 2

A bit more facing off happens, he spends a bit of time redeploying his models after realising he'd have to smash through two giant robots to get where he was going! So Georg starts to make for the centre of the board , towards the Kunoichi and another door leading to my deployment zone. Daimyo and Kunoichi continue to dig. Otto decides 'to hell with it', revs his chainsaw and plunges into the Ronin! The Ronin gets the upper hand and manages to damage Otto's arms......but not enough..... on the riposte, Otto chops off both the Ronin's legs! Leaving the drone flailing about helplessly on the ground before shutting down (and losing me his excavation pts.....GRRRR!!!!!!) OTTO MUST DIE!!!!!!

Turn 3

After the untimely demise of the Ronin, the Kunoichi realises she can't leave the Daimyo in a room with Otto and Freidrich (who I also learned to fear in our last game) so she gives up the dig and moves in to support the Daimyo, sadly leaving Angela free reign to 'infiltrate' without a problem. Kunoichi manages to get some more damage on Otto and takes his torso down to wounded..... that should help Big Grin Otto, realising his fate is near, tries to get messy with his Chainsaw against the Daimyo but, luckily, the Daimyo doesn't just survive but also finishes off Otto! Freidrich makes for the central door and Leo comes out of nowhere to charge the Daimyo (annoying little puppy! You'll see why soon....)

Turn 4

I play 'Blow below the belt' and hope for the best..... before realising that it affects me too! Well that's that plan ruined! I have a tough decision....do I run to the excavation sites and continue the dig or do I try to hold off Freidrich and Georg? My decision was made for me as the Daimyo completely and utterly failed to disengage from Leo! (in hindsight I could have used 'crushing'... oh well). So, after that and a quick calculation I realised that it was impossible for me to actually win. The Kunoichi and Daimyo would not be able to dig enough to beat the 2 infiltrates he had left so all I could do was get the Kunoichi in contact with George and Freidrich and hope she could stop them disengaging for two turns..... Confused

Turn 5

..needless to say, she failed! Angela got back into the action and finished of the Kunoichi (who had previously been damaged by Freidrich - forgot to mention) so Fried and Georg managed their infiltration in the last turn.

I don't remember exactly what the VP's finished at, but I think it was 30 -75 or something like that..... anyway, very close game right up until the end! Very enjoyable though.

Excavations is really, really hard..... not only do you have to spend a lot of time digging but losing your VP's when a model dies is just punishing! I feel models like the Komuso and Mamushi would be very helpful for this mission.....

Seriously enjoying Eden though, it has a hell of a lot of depth to it and is a lot more tactical that most games out there at the moment (on par with Warmachine I'd say, but without the hefty price tag!)

HATE THAT CHAINSAW!
Cool, thanks for the report!
Sounds like a blast, can't wait for my first game!
Good report Smile
You sure learned the hard way that Otto's chainsaw is horrible. Personal tip, when he activates it : dodge, never try to respond or you will regret it Wink Oh and yes, Jeremias is not very usefull when fighting Drones (what a weakling Cool )
Indeed, the Excavation is not an easy Mission, but don't make all your Drones dig if you don't need it. Let the Ronin roam the Field in search of a prey, it's more menacing that way.
Aside from that, I spotted three little 'mistakes'. Firstly, perhaps you just forgot, but the Kunoichi can be deploy anywhere on the Field (a good asset on this Mission). Second, the 'Below the belt blow' TC cannot be played if your Leader is a Drone, but as it crippled you as much as your opponent, I'd say it wasn't too important here Smile Lastly, you seem to assume that a missed withdrawal roll forbids you from moving at all, but it is not the case. It just allows your opponent(s) in contact to make an attack (if they still can, that is) before you move. But you can still perform your move action if you survived. Hope that helps Smile
Can't wait to read about the revenge Big Grin
1) Yeah... that's the second game in a row I forgot the Kunoichi could do that......

2) I cannot believe I missed that! Yeah, kinda hindered me a lot in this game too so we'll just not mention that I didn't notice shall we.......

3) I did not know that, thanks!

I love the Ronin, he's just so damn cool! He only dug for the first turn since he had nothing to hit and I figured I might as well but usually, yeah, he's hitting things (and then dying horribly).

RE: Otto - lesson learned. Best avoided rather than confronted.....

Really love the Kunoichi, she's the stand-out drone from the box IMO. Her SPD just makes her so survivable and she's amazing at locking things down. Not to mention her massive move distance and ability to ignore terrain. Also she stabs things in the head, which is pretty good.....

Can't wait to try out the Hadakauma >Big Grin
You're welcome Smile
If you want to pester Otto the best, the Kunoichi is great, because her shots can be very effective (SPD 4 and VIG 4 is average and a good roll can seriously weaken him).
Also, don't forget the Ronin' Smoke screen ability, it's one of the most usefull ability in the ISC ! Charge, kill, and 'smoke', nobody can harm you anymore in this round, it's awesome Big Grin
Great report - thank you for taking the time to write it! Gave you a reputation point for it Smile
Reference URL's