Forums

Full Version: My battle reports / learning center
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i move this topic here cause I think is a more correct place for it.
I going to comment my battles. If some experienced players want to teach me so I can learn right tactics and to use my fighters properly.

Excuse me for my english, I know it's bad >_<

------------
My First Game:

I played Capture with the starter against a mission where he need to find a tunnel to escape. He deploys the resistance starter -the boy and robot and with chelsea.

I had hard times first turns, chelsea killed Kunoichi, and second turn killed the grey daimyo >_<

I let my fighters without Ap to deffend (error!!) and allways forgot to use a Tactical card at the start of the turn. (So I couldnt use the contaminated zone the rest of the game )

But later, with Execution, and the Ronin I captured the woman with the cannon, and next turn I used smoke to protect myself against all the enemies. Then thanks to secret objectives, he run with all of his fighters to the tunnel and escaped, granting him 75 VP. But i move to my deploy area with the captured girl, so i won 100 VP!!

First real game and a Win. Was a lot of Fun, but i need to learn to play well my fighters. I had much to learn.
My Second Game:

Again against the resistance. He plays a mission where they need to follow some clues at the center of the battleground, (Following the tracks). I played prioritary target.

He plays Jimmy and robot, Ashton, Alice and Chelsea.
I played ISC starter. I selected chelsea as prioritary target (bad idea >_<)

First turn i played Contaminated area to difficult the enemy movement and advanced with Daimyo, giving one aditional AP to the ronin. (Chelsea was close to him). My enemy ran with chelsea out of my area, and regroup his team.
I try ranged attack with Kunoichi, but was useless, and then Ashton the cyborg charges me, leaving my robot-ninja with only one hit at head >_<
in adition, Jimmy captures one of the tracks earning 25 VP... hard times for me.

Second turn I bet high for iniciative, so I could use Lure with Kunoichi and move him to safer place. I learned not to use all AP with my robots. I start the turn with kunoichi, now close to Jimmy and killed him in one roll Big Grin
Chelsea charges Kunoichi, but i dodged. She in addition push me close to a wall. Danger!
My ronin take the turn to exchange attacks with the cyborg. Both getting hurted. I used smoke screen so alice couldn't charge me.

Next turn my opponent used a card to activate the robot without Jimmy's help, so he was my priority. I charged and killed the robot with my daimyo. Again, I give one AP to ronin.
Ashton tried to kill my ronin, who was healed with a Repair. He uses 2 attacks, and fail to disengage.
Kunoichi was on danger, so I disengage and use the Jump skill to go away from chelsea.
Chelsea comes to my daimyo area and collect another track.
My ronin killed Ashton... and we couldn't play more turns.

So... he collects 2 tracks 25 + 35 = 60 VP
I killed ashton, Jimmy and robot 30 + 15 + 10 = 55 VP

Was a close victory, allmost draw. I learned not to select chelsea as a target. If would had chosen Jimmy or the robot (easy targets to kill) I would been victorious.
Also I learned to mantain my robots alive all the time possible, running if necesary, to fight later, very important.
Again, the smoke is awesome, and daimyo was usefull in this battle with his +1AP. I need to learn to use the Kunoichi. And the Circular strike of the ronin still seems useless... will see.

Overall was a very enjoying game Big Grin
ISC were my first faction and they do take a bit of getting used to, but you seem to be understanding how to use them very quickly!

I find the Black Kunoichi shouldn't really spend too much of her time fighting, her speed means she is a fantastic objective grabber and that's what she should be doing most of the time. I'd only commit her to melee if you know she'll kill whatever she's attacking. Her high speed will keep her safe but only until you run out of AP's and she can die very quickly if she can't dodge!

Despite their high armour, ISC are not as tough as they seem at first, personally I'd avoid getting into combat for the first couple of turns if you can help it - concentrate on your mission first and start getting those VP's as quick as you can!

Take out the enemies key models first, losing their leader will give you a huge advantage and watch out for models that cause a lot of damage or ignore armour.

Basically, despite the fact that it's a faction of big robots, they require a lot of finesse to use well. You sound like you're doing well though - just keep on playing!
Reference URL's