Forums

Full Version: The Hord
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Me neither, just built them up last night and primed them this morning. Really looking forward to painting the Bloody Degenerate and Broodmaster Big Grin
(05-29-2012 09:11 PM)Berf Wrote: [ -> ]It's right, you'll need something else to bring your troop to the standard 100 points. My advice is "Get the other Dominant", two Dominants are essential if you don't want to fall short of Frenzy markers during the game Smile
And each Dominant receive two markers at the end of each round, so it's not that bad.
And of course, you get markers for each opponent killed. But remember that only one Dominant get the additional markers coming from a kill, you just choose which one.

Berf, Ijust got my hoard starter, and I am not in love with my dominants- but ILOVE the animals! I just want to make sure that Ican use the two degenerate dominants with my animals, and specifically that they can give Frenzy counters to the animals.

In short, can any dominant give frenzy tokens to any hord member?

Can I use two of any of the profiles, or are they limited to one of each (except the Lycals)? Iwant to use two black wolves, can I?

Thank you very much for your time!!!
(11-20-2012 04:24 PM)owen matthew Wrote: [ -> ]Berf, Ijust got my hoard starter, and I am not in love with my dominants- but ILOVE the animals! I just want to make sure that Ican use the two degenerate dominants with my animals, and specifically that they can give Frenzy counters to the animals.

In short, can any dominant give frenzy tokens to any hord member?
I'm not Berf, but I can answer this one Smile

In short: yes. The Savagery special rule doesn't discern between the animals and the degenerates.

What do you mean by "two degenerate dominants", btw? So far only the Flesh Master is a dominant with the degenerate subtype, right?

Quote:Can I use two of any of the profiles, or are they limited to one of each (except the Lycals)? Iwant to use two black wolves, can I?
Unless specifically stated (like with Lycals) every profile in Eden is unique and can be used only once.

As a side note, I just started putting my Hord dudes together (other than the one Lycal in my avatar, that is) and Beastmaster's back thingy is somewhat challenging to attach. Have you by chance put together yours and did you come up with a brilliant scheme?
Thank you!

I assumed the brood master dominant, already out, would have had the degenerate distinction as it fits that aesthetic, and has special rules dealing with them specifically. I just checked and I am wrong.

Does that mean that the Flesh Master can only lead/effect degenerates as it is in his description, or will he be able to work with all types, same as the other three dominants? He just counts as a degenerate for the purposes of using Frenzy counters on him, I guess. At 20 points he seems very good.

Just to be clear, if I use the Brood master to lead all of my animals, and had no degenerates in the force, his skill Synchronization would be useless, right?

Thanks!!!

With respect to the modeling... I have not put the back thing on yet, I am actually going to probably leave it off. I do not like how it changes the basic figure's profile, I think he has a stronger composition without it... just me though.
(11-21-2012 10:11 AM)owen matthew Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!

I assumed the brood master dominant, already out, would have had the degenerate distinction as it fits that aesthetic, and has special rules dealing with them specifically. I just checked and I am wrong.
It is indeed a bit surprising, but I guess it's just to balance the Starving special rule of Starving and Bloody Degenerates

Quote:Does that mean that the Flesh Master can only lead/effect degenerates as it is in his description, or will he be able to work with all types, same as the other three dominants? He just counts as a degenerate for the purposes of using Frenzy counters on him, I guess. At 20 points he seems very good.
Flesh Master will work with every sort - the same as all dominants. Him being degenerate just means that Broodmaster can use Synchronization on him and he counts as a degenerate for Starving.

Quote:Just to be clear, if I use the Brood master to lead all of my animals, and had no degenerates in the force, his skill Synchronization would be useless, right?
Yup.

Quote:With respect to the modeling... I have not put the back thing on yet, I am actually going to probably leave it off. I do not like how it changes the basic figure's profile, I think he has a stronger composition without it... just me though.
I'm beginning to think that's a wise decision (trying to pin it has proven to be rather a frustrating experience...).
Thanks again!!!

Lemminkäinen, Can you give me your opinion of the four Dominants? I bought the two associated with the animals, but like the two associated with the degenerates better- I may just go get them... Their rules and sculpts seem more solid to me, am I wrong?
Actually, after some more reading I think that the Beast master and the Flesh Master are the way to go. The Savage master seems to be the hardest hitter of the group, but 30 is really pricey, and the Brood master seems like a good hitter but his abilities feel situational at best.

The Beast Master seems a tad average, but has great SPD and his skill Trainer is super solid! At 20 points he is a no-brainer if you are using minions... The Flesh Master has solid stats that get better, and Nightmarish seems like a really nice board-control ability, he feels nice at 20 points, but most importantly has the best sculpt for a Dominant, IMHO.

I am thinking of running Beast and Flesh, to get more animals in. Or Beast, Flesh and Brood, with less animals but a lot of Frenzy counters.

Lem, you have much more experience than I do, are my thoughts on or off?
I rather agree with your analysis. Beast Master is nice and a cheap source of Frenzy tokens. His high SPD and Trainer are a great combination. His weakness OTOH is that he uses the tokens himself for his neater tricks, so you should take this into account when building the rest of the force favouring models who don't need all that many frenzy tokens to work (Black Wolf is great, for example).

Flesh Master indeed seems like he's just awesome. Cheap, nice stats and good abilities. Also agreed about the sculpt quality!

Savage Master is indeed very hard hitting, which is extremely important against ISC, I've found. Since they have very high Protection values but low amount of actual wound boxes, hitting once with a bucketload of dice is incredibly much better than hitting lots of times with CBT four. Savage Master can rather easily get to CBT 8 or even 9, which can, with a bit of luck, fell a giant robot in one hit.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that having a very large CBT stat can be utterly devastating in Eden. With a ton of Rage Markers Savage Master can swing the game completely, but then again he is also rather easy prey when someone comes to retaliate.

Finally, Brood Master. He is OK in combat, but a timely use of Synchronization can win a game. It is an extremely powerful ability and his Improvisation means that he can set up a perfect Synchronization turn for maximal mayhem, especially when you have superior numbers. And the best part is that once your opponent wises up to this tactic, its threat limits his ability to move freely about the battle field resulting in an easier time for you to fulfill your mission objective. Wild Scream can also be a potential game changer if the opponent has low PSI values (Matriarchy slaves hate that ability).
thank you for that run down!
(11-25-2012 06:52 PM)owen matthew Wrote: [ -> ]thank you for that run down!
My pleasure! I feel that writing stuff down like this makes me think more analytically about these things, so it's all good! I can't wait to read your thoughts about these things once you get a couple of games under your belt - I've really liked your insights on Dragonpainting.
Are you over there?? nice! I wish they had an Eden section there...

These are the best rules since C3/3.5 by far (despite 100 skirmish level games being released in the past year). I am pretty excited.

I have only one game under my belt now... But I have been reading and studying the rules and cards for almost a year. It made the game go very smoothly, but we had some critical errors.... I am looking forward to the next match.

Lem, where are you located?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's