Forums

Full Version: Questions of starting player group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He guys,
We just started this great game but a few question came up wenn playing.

why do you choose a leader? What does it bring to the game except the ammount of tactical cards you may choose?

Can someone get out of close combat? Or is one locked till someone dies?

Can you only use the misision and tactical card out of the starter or can you use all cards if they are not fraction bound?

More question will come, but its a really great game, some shots of our first game is the also on this forum, we made a gaming board especially for this game :-)
I'm on a vacation and my current hardware is a bit lacking, so apologies for any spelling mistakes as well as brevity.

But yeah, a hearty welcome to the game! Eden has quickly become one of my very favourite games and I really like the tactical challenges on offer.

As for your questions, the leader doesn't do anything besides the size of the tactical hand. Do note however that if your leader dies, you can no longer play tactical cards.

You can disengage from melee freely. Your opponent might get to hit you when you leave but you won't get stuck (except on some rare minis that have an ability that keeps you from leaving base to base). This is actually a huge part of the tactical gameplay and makes the encounters somewhat more fluid than in most other games.

Finally, yes, you are free to use any missions and tactical cards (well, other than those locked to a different faction).

Hopefully that was of some help - be sure to ask more if something is on your mind Smile
Lemm' answers are all good, can't have said it better Smile
Some hints for your leader choice :
- more tactical cards means more options during the game, so it's often the fighter with the highest PSI stat who will become your leader. BUT...
- be sure he can survive long enough/do your mission/etc. Examples : if your up against a strong shooting team (Jokers/Convoy), be careful not to choose someone who will go down with two range attacks (like Sigujana).
- be careful if your leader is also your main fighter (well, except for Sabaka...), you don't want to lose both in one go.
That's it Smile
Reference URL's