Forums

Full Version: The Hord - What should I buy???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
I'm totally infected with Eden. Love the game.ExclamationExclamationExclamation I'm playing Bamakas, but I also have some other starter's here around (eg Matriarchat and Resistance). My wife will start playing Askaris.
And I want the hord, too.Heart But I don't know which models to buy. I can't find the cards to download. here some questions:

Must I decide to play with the broodmaster or the beastmaster? Can I mix the two starters?

With what models plays the master of flesh and the butcher?

Can I play every npf?

Can I play the bayakoye? (I love the model)

Are there restrictions playing models. For example can I play a second mireling?

And where can I find the cards for checking the ablilities and the points?

Thanks
(03-18-2013 05:08 AM)Mordread Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
I'm totally infected with Eden. Love the game.ExclamationExclamationExclamation I'm playing Bamakas, but I also have some other starter's here around (eg Matriarchat and Resistance). My wife will start playing Askaris.
And I want the hord, too.Heart But I don't know which models to buy. I can't find the cards to download. here some questions:
I know how it is - I too am suffering from a severe case of "all these factions are so cool I gotta catch them all". Big Grin

Quote:Must I decide to play with the broodmaster or the beastmaster? Can I mix the two starters?
They are perfectly mixable. No need to make a hard decision.

Quote:With what models plays the master of flesh and the butcher?
The Hord works in that it has masters and non-masters. Non-masters have abilities that need savagery counters that the masters produce (well, masters can also use the counters). You can also get those counters by killing enemies, but masters are the primary source. All masters work with every non-masters, though there are some synergies.

For example, the Degenerates get some bonuses when they gang up on someone and the Flesh Master is a Degenerate. Another example is that the Beast Master can give Minions (in other words, the beasts) extra actions and remove fear and rage markers from them.

In other words, a given master usually works the best with certain kinds of non-masters, but they aren't tied to the type in any way and it's usually a good idea to have a mixture. Also note that having two masters in a 100-point force is highly recommended.

Quote:Can I play every npf?
Not yet, at least. Only the models that have been released as Hord.

Quote:Can I play the bayakoye? (I love the model)
Unfortunately no. At least not yet - who knows that the future holds. His problem is a bit that he is a legendary beast and rather incredible, so his points cost would be really high. OTOH there already is the 50-point Bamaka, so who knows.

Quote:Are there restrictions playing models. For example can I play a second mireling?
All the models, like all others in Eden, are unique. The sole exception to this is the Lycals, who you can take three of.

Quote:And where can I find the cards for checking the ablilities and the points?
Hopefully they will be updated to the website soon. Currently they can be found here: http://edencarddatabase.fr/ But unfortunately only in French. For the English versions, you need to check the news section of this forum - Berf has provided stats of all the releases in the news threads, but it will take a bit of looking to find them all.

Hopefully that was at least somewhat helpful. Be sure to ask if anything was unclear or you thought of any new questions.
Thank you Lemminkäinen, that was very clear. Blush
So if all models are unique, I can't play more degenerates as the three in the starter packe. I haven't thought of them as unique models (with personality) yet. Idea
That means I can only buy the two starter boxes, the master of flesh and the butcher. Right?
Don't forget the Black Wolf and the Savage Master Smile

But yeah, I agree that it is a bit unintuitive that a Hungry Degenerate is unique. I suppose it's mostly to do with balance in that spamming a certain unit might be a bit too good.
Quote:Currently they can be found here: http://edencarddatabase.fr/ But unfortunately only in French.
Hi, I added a button on the bottom right to switch cards in English. Only the cards will be translated for now because I don't have time to do the rest, but it will come later. Obviously, only cards available on the site will be shown here Wink (so no english version for hord for example).
(03-19-2013 04:21 AM)Tza Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Currently they can be found here: http://edencarddatabase.fr/ But unfortunately only in French.
Hi, I added a button on the bottom left to switch cards in English. Only the cards will be translated for now because I don't have time to do the rest, but it will come later. Obviously, only cards available on the site will be shown here Wink (so no english version for hord for example).
Absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much HeartHeartHeart
Nice work from Tza, and Lem' answers are - as usual - extensive Wink
If you have specific questions, I will be glad to answer them, in the meantime I updated this post : http://www.taban-miniatures.com/forum/sh...81#pid1481 so you can find more informations.
Thanks for the answers. I'm beginning feeling very familiar in this forum.
Reference URL's