Forums

Full Version: Feral's EDEN models ~ Convoy, Jokers & Others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, I'm Mister Feral (or just Feral) and I'm new to EDEN. I've been painting on and off for about 13 years now, up til about a year ago I was a Games Workshop purist but more recently I've been cutting my teeth into new systems and ranges.

For the purpose of this log, I shall be (slowly) painting gangs for the Convoy and the Jokers - and trying to improve my painting techniques futher. I've started using white primer for undercoating instead of black, and have started to learn how to paint using the NMM technique too. Cool

OK, to kick things off with I have a PIP picture of the first miniature I have started one, Convoy Mark!

[Image: Convoy+Mark+%2528WIP%2529.jpg]

The only area that is complete at the moment is the hooded shirt, although the face and great-cloak are nearly there.

I'd be pleased to hear what you think thus far,
Feral
That is a really good start !

the choice of white as priming colour gave a great depth to the trousers and tshirt tones...

Do not hesitate to add darker shades, black ink washes or black lining to increase you model's contrast (but well it's a wip )

I'll wait for more pics of your work....
Thanks Taban! Despite being so used to using black or brown for priming, the white primer has surprised me in how easy it is to work with - I thought it would be harder!

As for the shading, I'll add a bit more (cloak still needs to be finished off)

Right; jeans, shoulder armour and bow done:

[Image: Convoy+Mark+%2528WIP+2%2529.jpg]

You'll probably notice that the metal areas were done using NMM (a first for me so go easy.) I would love to get some advice on how it looks, it's all new to me so any constructive criticism / links to good NMM articles would be grand.
Reference URL's