Forums
Have you ever built a list using less than 100 points? - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.taban-miniatures.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Eden (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Game (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Have you ever built a list using less than 100 points? (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

Have you ever built a list using less than 100 points? - Lemminkäinen - 07-18-2014 10:24 PM

I realized that I have never done so before. But I was thinking of the following for a tournament:

Alice
Duncan
Lloyd
Jimmy
Valor

95 points total

Alice allows Duncan to use his Electro-Static Pulse for more turns, Lloyd and Ducan love said Pulse and Jimmy and Valor make for a really, really durable duo. I could drop Jimmy and Valor and Take Ashton instead for maximizing Pulse, but I feel that having five models gives me more options.

So yeah, have you done lists with less than 100 points? Well, likely 95 points since I believe that 10 points gets you something in all factions (Mercenary Flash, at least).

RE: Have you ever built a list using less than 100 points? - JMS - 07-19-2014 07:29 PM

Yeah, I've had it happen in Convoy and Jokers before, but generally, I try my best to avoid it. As the erratas have come in and more and more options are available, it really doesn't have to happen anymore. I don't really think you lose very much.

RE: Have you ever built a list using less than 100 points? - Kamaro - 07-19-2014 10:44 PM

Jeah I've played with this list for several games:

Clan Bamaka (95pts)

Abama Fettsack (20pts)
Folayan Schlitzbauch (10pts)
Sabaka Klumpfuß (Chaka) (50pts)
Zaafarani Scharfzunge (15pts)

And it did very well. I think 5 points are not that big of a deal in Eden. On the other hand if you play in a tournament, you will maybe encounter a lot of maxed out lists, so 5 points "could" mean a lot, but personally I don't think so

RE: Have you ever built a list using less than 100 points? - Lemminkäinen - 07-22-2014 05:33 AM

I like that Bamaka list! I might try replacing Zaafarani with Dhambizao but it's not necessarily better that way.
Also, Fettsack is awesome as a German name Big Grin

I tested the list yesterday in a practice game and it worked as I thought - I was essentially invulnerable.

It's an extremely powerful list (won't be using it outside of tournaments, I think) - I've been iterating the list (never lost a game with various versions, but their effectiveness has varied) and this was the first time I went under 100 points and I feel that this one is the best.

RE: Have you ever built a list using less than 100 points? - Kamaro - 07-22-2014 05:50 AM

I'm glad that you like the list. It is extremely powerful!
Have you used Dhambizao instead?
Which faction used your opponent? I need more details!!! Big Grin

Too bad Folayan got nerfed but I like her abilities way too much.

Have you tested your Resistance list? I have never had a game with Resistance models, but now that I have the Escape Set I might give them a try!

And jeah, Fettsack is nice Big Grin

RE: Have you ever built a list using less than 100 points? - JMS - 07-22-2014 07:40 AM

I look at that Bamaka list and I just start thinking: "What can I swap Abama for?"

Tongue

RE: Have you ever built a list using less than 100 points? - Kamaro - 07-24-2014 12:30 AM

Really? I think Abama is a beast ^^

RE: Have you ever built a list using less than 100 points? - JMS - 07-24-2014 12:26 PM

He's a tank, that's for sure, but I'm not sure he offers all that much otherwise. Bamaka have some of the best low cost supports in the game - I just want more from him than soaking hits.

RE: Have you ever built a list using less than 100 points? - Kamaro - 07-26-2014 11:12 PM

With CBT 4 I think he is not only a tank. You are underestimating him, he is one of the best models ingame Tongue