Forums
Next Release? - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.taban-miniatures.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Eden (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Game (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Next Release? (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Pages: 1 2

Next Release? - Sikil - 01-09-2010 03:50 PM

Not that my ISC are even started on yet, even thou I have had them in hand for two weeks now, but I still am abit curious on what is in the works for EDEN in general and ISC in particular!

RE: Next Release? - Taban - 01-09-2010 08:35 PM

(01-09-2010 03:50 PM)Sikil Wrote:  Not that my ISC are even started on yet, even thou I have had them in hand for two weeks now, but I still am abit curious on what is in the works for EDEN in general and ISC in particular!

Our objective is to release 4 new Eden references per Month, ideally one for each faction.
We have many concepts ready to be sculpted and our February released are under production now.
There will also be NFCs (Non fighter characters) and Resin elements
So you should get 9 to 12 new ISC models in 2010 to strenghten your troops Wink
The most difficult thing is to create balanced profiles for each character.

RE: Next Release? - Isoulle - 01-10-2010 05:44 AM

(01-09-2010 08:35 PM)Taban Wrote:  
(01-09-2010 03:50 PM)Sikil Wrote:  Not that my ISC are even started on yet, even thou I have had them in hand for two weeks now, but I still am abit curious on what is in the works for EDEN in general and ISC in particular!

Our objective is to release 4 new Eden references per Month, ideally one for each faction.
We have many concepts ready to be sculpted and our February released are under production now.
There will also be NFCs (Non fighter characters) and Resin elements
So you should get 9 to 12 new ISC models in 2010 to strenghten your troops Wink
The most difficult thing is to create balanced profiles for each character.

Excellent. That's great news. Consistent and constant releases are a necessity for the success of a game and I'm quite happy to learn you're doing this. Can't wait to see what is in store (Maybe some Jokers with more abilities. Their stat cards are a bit ability light).

RE: Next Release? - Kenton - 01-10-2010 10:38 AM

Excellent news on releases, especially that February releases are in production.

I agree that making balanced profiles is the hardest part and I for one would happily see a release delayed rather than it cause a problem of balance!

Some other games are prone to progressive 'creep' in power. I am glad to read that Taban are mindful of this starting out.

FWIW I don't mind having models with few or even no abilities. The variation in stats helps to differentiate the model and influence tactical decision making. Too many abilities slow the game down.

RE: Next Release? - Wendigo - 01-10-2010 10:33 PM

While speaking of new releases, can you perhaps tell us when the new factions, as announced in the rule book, are due? Or have you them planned for "when it's time"?

RE: Next Release? - Taban - 01-11-2010 06:20 PM

(01-10-2010 10:33 PM)Wendigo Wrote:  While speaking of new releases, can you perhaps tell us when the new factions, as announced in the rule book, are due? Or have you them planned for "when it's time"?

We will developp the existing factions first (and until their players can field a good diversity of profiles.) Even GW don't release new armies every year Big Grin
But this doesn't mean that there won't be significative evolutions or additions within these 4 initial factions :
The Bamakas are just one of the mutant Clans, The Jokers are nothing but one of the gangs roaming Eden land and could team up with other bad dudes and The current Matriarchy sisters belong to the "Black order" which is not the whole matriarchy system....
But I won't tell more for now Angel

RE: Next Release? - Wendigo - 01-12-2010 03:01 AM

That's good to hear, because I like the game system, but none of the factions released so far really "clicked" with me.

RE: Next Release? - Taban - 01-12-2010 07:21 AM

Here is a picture of one of our February releases :
A berserk warrior for the clan Bamaka !
[Image: Griffu_Mutant-1.jpg]

RE: Next Release? - Wendigo - 01-12-2010 07:48 AM

Looks nice. I like the talons/claws for the berserker as a concept.

By the way: Will the next waves only be blisters, or will there be boxed sets, too? I mean like the starters, maybe only with 2 to 4 minis (depending on model size), but essentially with a little discount for the boxed set as opposed to the single blisters.

RE: Next Release? - Kenton - 01-13-2010 06:04 AM

I like that. Am very interested to see the ISC release :-)