Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fresh start for Eden
09-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Fresh start for Eden
When Eden first came to my attention I tried to get others in my club interested in the game. Only one other member bought a starter box and he's the type of player who doesn't like to field mini's that aren't painted.

I tried for several months to generate interest by inviting club members to use either of my gangs (ISC and Bamaka) but eventually I gave up. Sad

Well nearly 18 months later my friend rediscovered his Matriarchy box set at the bottom of a dusty drawer and painted them.
Since this fortuitous event we have played 2 games and planned more for the weekend, also we have recruited another player and 2 more showing interest. Big Grin

I thought I would relate this happy tale to any despondent gamers who like me, may have given up on something they enjoyed. There is always hope.

Long live Eden.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2011, 07:56 PM
RE: Fresh start for Eden
There is always hope indeed !
And since the range is quite wide now, maybe others will find their happiness with something new Smile
Some pictures of the painted minis would be great too Cool
09-09-2011, 12:58 AM
(09-08-2011 07:56 PM)Berf Wrote:  There is always hope indeed !
And since the range is quite wide now, maybe others will find their happiness with something new Smile
Some pictures of the painted minis would be great too Cool

Great idea. I'll snap some off on Friday when we meet again and post them on here.
09-13-2011, 06:00 AM
I tried to get people into it a while back but not much luck. Biggest problem with selling it to people in my mind is that the main website isn't in English and there's no shiny rulebook you can use to sell it to people. Hopefully these things will appear in the future.
09-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Aye; I've only got one other opponent in Melbourne, Australia. Would love to play more - I've got a great board set up and two gangs (with very full rosters!). Really enjoy the game.

JMS
09-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Nice, JMS ! Eden played all around the world, nobody can escape the apocalypse ! Hope you can convert other players Cool
As Isoulle pointed out, it can be difficult to promote a(nother) french skirmish game, especially with no proper rulebook (even if the rules are quite good Big Grin). For the time being, a hard-cover rulebook is a risky investment for a small society like Taban, but that doesn't mean it's not on the agenda Wink
We prefer to concentrate on the minis for now, in order to have a well assorted range, with lots of possibilities (100th mini this month, yaay !). After all, it's better to be able to play the game than just look at the pictures, isn't it ? Smile
But Taban will put more time and energy for the international expansion in 2012, that's for sure, so stay connected and play !
09-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Good to hear. I am no business man but the foreign market, especially English (North America, UK, Australia/New Zealand are a lot of big gaming countries) is pretty important. Don't want to end up like Helldorado...

I do stand by that a website in multiple languages would be a godsend as a lot of people like to read back story. Infinity focused on that pretty early and it seems to have worked for them.
09-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Sorry can't seem to upload pictures. My IT skills are too limited. Sad
09-21-2011, 03:35 AM
Just about to take Eden to my local club so will see if people want to take it up hopefully they will