Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Salute teaser
04-15-2012, 04:47 AM
Salute teaser
[Image: tease-salute.jpg]

Head up, he stared at the starry mantle with his empty eye sockets. The moon was full, and its pale light bathed the clearing where the shadow of the dead trees drew long sharp lines. He was standing on a rock in the middle of nowhere, arms outstretched, praying some dark and evil deities. Three lycals rested at his feet.

Two humanoids slowly and carefully searched the clearing. The precise movements of their rotting bodies were atrocious. Shreds of skin hanging down, revealing here and there pieces of bloody flesh.

Lying on the ground, the young man watched them. He dared not to move, not even to blink. Fear paralyzed him. Within the convoy, he had heard that rumor :beings able to impose their will upon the degenerate creatures from the ancient world. But so far it seemed to be a bedtime-story made to scare children and haunt their sleep. Now the nightmare was real.

The Being turned on the rock. His blind eyes came to rest where lurked the conveyor. Immediately, the other creatures raised their heads. They stood up and began to move toward the intruder.

The young man knew he had to flee. But overcame with fear, his body refused to obey. It took him a superhuman effort to get up.

A cracking behind him.
He turned and saw a silhouette cut against the moonlight. It came forward, revealing an expressionless face. Cold and determined.

He was trapped.

Sigujana stopped his progress. His muscles stiffened and his fingers tightened on his long staff. He closed his eyes and took a slow, deep breath. Felindra Tiger-Head and Abama Large-Belly, who protected him in the dead forest, looked at him curiously. They knew that the old wizard was linked to the essence of nature and that he had felt a disturbance.

After a few seconds Sigujana opened his eyes. The two Bamaka warriors approached, eager to hear his wise words.

- Let us hurry back, my companions. two avengers Loas are nearby.

A terrible cry of fear and pain echoed in the distance.

Something wicked this way comes Wink

[Image: subnorm_wide.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2012, 07:11 AM
RE: Salute teaser
awesome :-) :-)

I wish i was going to Salute 2012, bit far from New Zealand ...

My gaming blog
04-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Here are the arts of the two :
[Image: 126_lahorde.jpg]

And yes, these charming fellows will allow you to play with most of the NPF as a faction (Degenerates, Lycals and Mireling for example) Smile

[Image: subnorm_wide.jpg]
04-19-2012, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2012 05:55 AM by bruiser.)
Cool, I like the "hat" though not sure about the small helpless child clinging to his leg ;-)

I never thought the NPF added much to the game apart from being a nuisance but always liked the models. Now I can actually field a faction . Keep up the good work Taban :-)

My gaming blog
04-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Wow, that's an extremely cool idea.

The first guy looks a tad too grim/graphic for my taste, but the second one is really cool.

Have to wonder how the rules side of things will work since the NPF cards have such specific rulings and the points costs are quite different from normal. Colour me intrigued Smile

Resistance is non-futile.
04-23-2012, 02:52 AM
(04-19-2012 05:11 PM)Lemminkäinen Wrote:  Wow, that's an extremely cool idea.

The first guy looks a tad too grim/graphic for my taste, but the second one is really cool.

Have to wonder how the rules side of things will work since the NPF cards have such specific rulings and the points costs are quite different from normal. Colour me intrigued Smile

I picked up both boxes and they are both absolutely stunning, seriously. I didn't even think twice about spending a quarter of my funds at the taban stand!

Rules wise, each beast/mutant came with two cards. One for the regular 'fierce beast' rules and one 'minion' card. Much the same really but it has pv for each model as well as a few additional rules that come into play with the new 'frenzy' mechanic of the masters (riling the beasts into a homicidal rage, usually via increasing a stat but with a few nifty other abilities too)

I spoke to, um, someone (sorry, should have asked really) about the release of minion cards for the beasts not included in the starters and apparently they're on their way (forgive me if I'm wrong!).

It was also awesome to see the eden range, painted, in person. Definitely one of the high points of my visit!

As a side note, it was the first time I'd seen Ammon miniatures - wonderful stuff. Couldn't resist picking up a few of their models as well!
04-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Ooh, thank you for the info - sounds like a really elegant way of doing things.

Resistance is non-futile.