Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
December News
12-05-2012, 12:12 AM
December News
Well, the IndieGoGo campaign got done but Taban seem to continue at a fast speed with some previews of December's releases already here:

[Image: Groupe-Askaris-small.jpg]

The Askari starter - apparently the starter includes quite a few alternative heads and arms for the models and there has been some talk of the fighters being perhaps somehow customizable or something in the game as well. The starter apparently contains aside from the stat, mission and tactical cards also twelve other cards.

Intriguing.

Resistance is non-futile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2012, 11:22 AM
RE: December News
Nice models. Very Dirz-ish, but looking good! I'll probably pick this up...
12-05-2012, 09:12 PM
OMG, they have masks! They must be Dirz!

I don't get it. I'm glad i picked these up in the campaign.
12-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Actually I'm pretty torn between these and the ones in the campaign. I live the guy int the robe.
And yes I think we all know they are Dirz.
So when will I see my beloved Mid-nor in Eden? ^^

ZOG!!!

My blog
http://cassarusrandomrantings.blogspot.com/
12-07-2012, 08:42 PM
(12-05-2012 09:12 PM)Sashgo Wrote:  OMG, they have masks! They must be Dirz!

Well, they are sorta Persian/Arabic-influenced biomancers with an interest in mutations and masks. I can see the similarity, though obviously there are also lots of differences, too.
(12-05-2012 09:38 PM)Cassarus Wrote:  Actually I'm pretty torn between these and the ones in the campaign. I live the guy int the robe.
And yes I think we all know they are Dirz.
So when will I see my beloved Mid-nor in Eden? ^^
Aye, the robe dude is lovely. I'm also attracted by the idea of customization options, but I'm not sure I can convince myself to buy this starter when I have the campaign models already...

The limited edition for the first 500 boxes is rather fun as well:
[Image: Evade-1.jpg]

12-11-2012, 01:20 AM
The French forums have had some stat previews and the Askaris are looking mighty interesting. The girls is boss with a hefty 10 PSI but she has abilities which require discarding tactical cards from hand, which I find an interesting twist on the mechanic. Allows the Askaris tremendous flexibility when it comes to the tactical cards but then uses the surplus cards for something.

Generally they have a lot of health but no PR and the other two have low PSI values, so even though they are elite like the ISC, they will play quite differently. Their beatstick (Askari Warrior) has a hefty CBT of 6 and gets more powerful the more outnumbered the Askari are, which is again an extremely interesting mechanic. Killing off the opposing chaff makes your beatstick weaker but not killing them leaves them alive, obviously, to harass and do objectives and other pesky stuff like that.

They also have those twelve cards for interesting boosts, but I didn't quite catch how they work exactly. They are divided into different themes and give out bonuses like +1 CBT, +5cm movement allowance or active skills and different Askari have different "stats" tied to these themes, but we shall see, I guess.

12-11-2012, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 05:54 AM by owen matthew.)
(12-05-2012 09:12 PM)Sashgo Wrote:  OMG, they have masks! They must be Dirz!

Boy, you mush have been the coolest kid in school! Wink

I want this starter now, especially for the amazing LE model. I wish I got in on the limited Indy stuff for Askari now. Damn, I missed it by a day, that is what I get for waiting!
12-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Here are some infos on the Askaris, the rest will follow shortly Smile

Janissary
When creating your troop, you cannot recruit more than one fighter of Janissary type.

“Improvement” cards
“Improvement” cards represent the exceptional mastery Askaris have in the field of genetics and genomic enhancements. The following rules indicate how these cards can be used during a game of Eden.

Each Improvement card is characterized by a name (top), the Improvement symbol (top left), the trait (bottom), the value associated with this trait (next to the trait) and the effects of the Improvement (the text). The effects of an improvement are permanent and cannot be ignored. They apply to the improved fighter as long as this card is associated with him. Unless otherwise stated, the effect of an Improvement is not considered as being a special ability.

During the preparation phase, just after choosing the first player, each player that has this possibility can associate Improvement cards with his fighter if they have the traits Physical/X, Mental/X, AVA/X or Mecha/X. These traits are indicated on the front of the profile card of a fighter in addition to his equipment. The X value of each trait is usually between 0 and 3. A maximum of one Improvement card of each trait can be associated with each fighter. Moreover, the value of the card’s trait cannot be higher than the value of the fighter’s trait.

It is allowed to not associate all possible improvements to a fighter. Therefore, you are free to choose the number of Improvement you associate with each of your fighters as long as the rules stated above are fulfilled. Finally, it is not allowed to associate multiple copies of Improvement cards of the same name within the same troop.

Physical/1
Enhanced musculature

The improved fighter earns a +1 CBT bonus.

Physical/2
Muscle compliance

The improved fighter has a +5 cm bonus for any action requiring a movement (movement action, charge, etc.)

Physical/3
Tetanic spasm

The improved fighter earns the following special abilities :
Shock (action) (1AP, 1/round)
All the fighters located 5cm or less from the improved fighter are moved 5 cm directly away. These fighters are moved one by one in the order of your choice. When a fighter meets an obstacle before he has move the full 5cm, he stops in contact with this obstacle and suffers one wound to each limb ignoring all protection’s effects.
Side effect (perm)
Each time the improved fighter activates his Shock special ability, he earns a Slowdown token.

Mental/1
Cortical optimization

Allied fighters within 15 cm from the improved fighter ignore the effects of the slowdown condition.

Mental/2
Neuro-spinal loop

The improved fighter earns the following special ability :
Carnal Osmosis (action) (1SP, 1/round)
The improved fighter performs a PSI roll with a level of difficulty of 7. You can pay X SP to decrease this level of difficulty by X. If you get at least one success, the improved fighter gains 1 AP.

Mental/3
Neuropheromones

All allied fighters of mutant type ignore the limitations on the maximum number of times per round for Movement, Charge and Attack actions. In return, each time an allied fighter performs an action that should normally be limited, choose and discard a tactical card from your tactical hand.

Aïcha - Mutant, Janissary (Order) 35 points

PSI 10/7 OOOOO 1
CBT 5/4 OOOOOO 2,3
VIG 4/3 OOOOOO 4,5
SPD 6/4 OOOOOO 6
Equipment : none.

Physical/0
Mental/3
AVA/2
Mecha/0

Anticipation (perm)
If Aïcha is your troop leader, you can spend 1 less SP to cancel your opponent tactical cards.

Physiological control (action)
Discard three cards of your choice from your tactical hand. In return, choose an allied fighter within 20 cm from Aïcha. He immediately performs a free charge action. If he has not been activated this round yet, he is still not considered as having been activated.

Instinctive reaction (perm)
Discard one card of your choice from your tactical hand. In return, choose an allied fighter. The next dodge reaction he performs this round is free.

Askari Defender - Mutant (protection) 30 points

PSI 2/1 OOOOO 1
CBT 5/3 OOOOOO 2,3
VIG 5/3 OOOOOOO 4,5
SPD 4/3 OOOOOO 6

Physical/2
Mental/0
AVA/0
Mecha/3

Mutant metabolism (perm)
At the beginning of the intendancy phase, choose and heal one CP on one of the Askari defender's limbs.

Askari Warrior - Mutant (destruction) 35 points

PSI 2/1 OOOOO 1
CBT 6/4 OOOOOO 2
VIG 4/3 OOOOOOO 3,4
SPD 5/4 OOOOOO 5,6

Physical/3
Mental/0
AVA/3
Mecha/1

Cornered Predator (perm)

At any time of the match, the value of X is equal to the number of opponent fighters (excluding NPF) on the field minus the number of fighters of your troop on the field.
The Askari warrior earns the following cumulative bonus depending on the value of X:
- X = 2 or more : The Askari warrior earns a +1 CBT bonus.
- X = 3 or more : The Askari warrior earns a +1 SPD bonus.
- X = 4 or more : During the intendancy phase, the Askari warrior earns one more AP.

[Image: subnorm_wide.jpg]
12-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Loving how these guys are looking. Can't wait til mine arrive. Smile
12-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks Berf! They sound like a lot of fun to play!