Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The issue of spam and other irregularities.
11-30-2012, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 10:24 AM by Cassarus.)
The issue of spam and other irregularities.
So for a while now we have been visited by some various bot and other things causing a lot of threads full of spam. I think this is a shame as it really diminishes the forum experience.
I think we need to do something about this as it would make the forum all that more attractive to the users.
It's a fairly simple task to deleting a thread. and a daily sweep of a moderator would be all that's needed.

On another note I think the English (a.ka. this forum) could use some more attention, we still haven't got faction specific threads/part of the forum for all the factions of this game.
I see this as a further way to improve on the forums. A good forum needs to be up to date, otherwise the casual visitor might turn away and might miss out on a great game. And we wouldn't want that.
With the indiegogo campaign soon at an end, and with a great result I think the game will receive more attention and the most gamers will look for an English speaking forum (no offense).

My recommendation to you guys is to get a a couple of extra moderators involved, or take more notice of this forum so we all can have a great experience here. This is a great games, one of the best I tried in recent years and I try to play or try out most new games a bit.

With all this said I wont necessarily recommend myself, but we need to get this going.
There is a couple of people who's regulars on the forum, I'm thinking of Lemminkäinen, Dangerousbeans and me foremost.
And obviously I can't speak for them, I do have some prior experience of being a moderator on a couple of forums, and I would be glad to help out. But I would be equally glad to just see this done, I love this game and I think it deserves a good and active English forum as well as a French one.

So thats the end of my rant, now let's see what you guys say.

Cheers!

Christopher a.k.a Cassarus

ZOG!!!

My blog
http://cassarusrandomrantings.blogspot.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The issue of spam and other irregularities. - Cassarus - 11-30-2012 10:21 AM