Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Members presentation
03-11-2013, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 06:36 AM by Karnstein.)
RE: Members presentation
Alias: Karnstein
Job: Student
Got into Eden: a huge part of local gaming group recently started playing Eden
What Is your use of miniature (painting, gaming)? both, but I'm honest and say that I'm neither a great nor fast painter. I end up playing with primed stuff more often than not.
History: started with Spacecrusade back when I was a grunt, then dabbled a bit with GW in my late teenage years and left the evil red empire some years ago for WM/H and a bunch of small games (Dystopian Wars, Saga, Relic Knight)
Chosen faction: haven't decided on a faction yet, one of the reasons why I registered on the board.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Alias: Skraag
Job: PhD-Student
How you have discovered Eden or Taban Miniatures : I discovered them some years ago in a news blog and have them lying around at home for some time. But now we're restarting our gaming group and I hopefully come around to actually playing some games.
What Is your use of miniatures (painting, gaming) ? I like both painting and playing equally.
If you are an Eden player, what is (are) your favorite(s) faction(s) My favourite faction, and the only one I have so far, is the Bamaka Clan.
04-18-2013, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2013 09:17 PM by rbrthpr.)
Alias:
rbrthpr

Name:
Rob

How you have discovered Eden or Taban Miniatures:
First found Taban when I painted Benoit's Barbarian Huntress bust for pre-release review (pictures seem to have been left on Taban's old website Undecided ) .

What Is your use of miniatures (painting, gaming) ?
Too many figures and games but too little gaming and painting.

If you are an Eden player, what is (are) your favorite(s) faction(s):
Have Matriarchy, Joker, Bamaka. Although nothing has seen table time yet

***webpage text italic function not defined error***
04-22-2013, 06:42 PM
AKA: Kogan Style
Job: Business Analyst

Got Into Eden: We found the Taban booth at Salute last weekend! Smile (thanks for the cracking deals!) Although some of us had been eyeing up the Eden range prior to Salute.

What Is your use of miniature (painting, gaming)? Avid Gamer, then converter and lastly a painter. I do think you get a better gaming experience when you are playing with painted minis, so I always try to get them done!

History: Started with Battle Masters a long time ago, then went the way of the GW with nearly all systems played through that time. Price Hikes in 2010 forced me to look elsewhere as money spent vs enjoyment had was a seriously low ratio. My gaming group and I have gotten into Malifaux, Infinity and now Eden!

Chosen faction: ISC. Being a G1 Transformers fan, this faction was an auto-choice. At Salute my friends picked up Jokers, Clan Bamaka, and the Hord.
04-22-2013, 10:25 PM
AKA: Jack Long-Strides, Ichi Nichi Drawings, JWO
Job: E-Marketer/Admin

Got Into Eden: Same as Adam (Kogan Style) above me. I'm the other one who had been checking out Eden and the Taban range for a while. I have to admit that we were also really tempted by the Sphere Wars stand at Salute but Eden won out as the setting seemed more fun and we were all instantly drawn to separate factions in Eden rather than having to fight over the one.

What Is your use of miniature (painting, gaming)? A bit of all three I think. I used to be way more into converting and sculpting than painting and didn't play any tabletop games at all but since I've been in a gaming group with Adam I've found myself wanting to finish my models as soon as possible (though it still takes a painfully long time) to get them ready for gaming.

History: I used to convert, sculpt and paint models for the sake of it, generally one off pieces or small gangs and generally being drawn towards the expanded 40k universe and Mordheim. I also started playing D&D at uni and made models to represent my characters. Over the last couple of years I've been playing tabletop skirmish games more and more and with my gaming group I've played and collected Malifaux (Hamelin, Hoffman and Collodi crews) and then Infinity (Japanese Sectorial Army) and now Eden.

Chosen faction: I'm the guy who picked up Clan Bamaka. I was also tempted by the resistance but after painting Infinity for a while I wanted something grimy (plus I couldn't resist the lure of the pygmies).
05-24-2013, 05:05 AM
Hello there !

Alias :Nehjin
Name : Yann

Got into Eden : I saw ISC's characters in my local retailer three years ago...
What Is your use of miniatures (painting, gaming) ? The twice... At this time, i'm building my Eden board.
If you are an Eden player, what is (are) your favorite(s) faction(s) : Resistance, Bamakas, Convoi and ISC... And i'm waiting for escape's kickstarter !
06-05-2013, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 11:51 PM by Addam.)
Alias: Addam
Job: Muscle for hire
Got into Eden: I actually only learned of it earlier this week, on the board game geek forum for X-wing. Odd how things work sometimes.

What Is your use of miniature (painting, gaming)? I am primarily a painter (though not a very good one). I would like to game more, but unfortunately don't have much of a group, and locally only GW games are played, which are not really my interest. So for now, I mostly just collect and paint.

History: I got into miniature gaming just a few years ago with Heroscape. I then got introduced to a wide world of board gaming in general, but also more miniature games such as Song of Blades and Heroes and All Things Zombie.

Chosen faction: I will wind up collecting factions for both myself and my opponents. I will definitely start with the Convoy and the Matriarchy. I'll probably eventually expand with the Horde and maybe the Jokers as well. Both the Resistance and ISC are cool as well. I kind of want everything, but will start with Convoy and Matriarchy, as I think they look cool, but also look as though they make sense as rivals.
06-18-2013, 06:12 AM
Moin Moin,
from Flensburg /Schleswig-Holstein/Germany
Alias: Hammerfest also known as DarkOne
Name: Patrick
Job: i´m learning
How i came to Eden: My Favorit Internet dealer (Miniaturicum) ask me what i think about the Miniatures and if i liked them. it still took 2 years for the seed to grow, but now i´m a fan.
i had a look at the download-rules (in german - great!!!) and made the decision to build a demo-board! Ordering the Matriachy, ISC, Bamaka and Joker Starter + Rulebook.
Had my first game and I realy like the rules. Hope i finish the demo-board for the "Trave Spieler Treff" in September, so i can make the presantation.
Chosen Faction: I like the Clan Bamaka, but after reading the Backgruond i think i will focus on "the hord" Cannibals Heart
07-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Alias : Baxter
Name (If you feel like) :
How you have discovered Eden or Taban Miniatures : I read an article in the TableTopInsider-Magazin
What Is your use of miniatures (painting, gaming) ? Both, but I won´t play with unpainted miniatures. Sometimes it will last a while but at least it´s worth the gaming experience.
If you are an Eden player, what is (are) your favorite(s) faction(s): I play the sisters of the matiarcat. It´s great fun with them!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user