Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Matriarchy Red vs Black
09-18-2013, 03:37 AM
Matriarchy Red vs Black
Can anyone here sum of the differences between Red and Black orders of the Matriarchy? From my understanding they are still allies, though not necessarily all that friendly. I am not so good at French, but I'd like to know a bit of the back story there if anyone on the forum has figured it out.

(Basically, I just spend a lot of time thinking about Eden while I wait for my miniatures to arrive).

Adam's Miniatures, Painting and Hobbies Blog
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2013, 04:41 AM
RE: Matriarchy Red vs Black
You can find the whole background in the english rulebook.

There are four orders of the matriarchy:

The Black Order is in charge of administration, ritual and law. Its armed forces supervise the matriarchy´s internal affairs. Its inquisitors roam throughout the conquerd territories to enforce the order´s message.
The Red Order has an essential tactical role. Officially, it patrols the Matriarchy´s boarders and defends the pilgrim´s routes. In actual fact, it is the armes branch of the matriarchy.

And there are two more orders:

The White Order supervises the economic and humanitarin growth of the matriarchy. It opens up and protects trade routes ith the least hostile factions. The White Order also manages the few Quarterist hospitals, and looks after the doctors who have sworn loaylity to Sybille.

The Green Order is the Matriarchy´s Bursar. It sees the logistical support for the three other orders, and carefully guards the technological relics captured by the Sisters Of Sybille.

So far, taken from the rulebook.

TEAM: OUTPOST 85
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2013, 04:47 AM
(09-18-2013 04:41 AM)Baxter Wrote:  You can find the whole background in the english rulebook.

There are four orders of the matriarchy:

The Black Order is in charge of administration, ritual and law. Its armed forces supervise the matriarchy´s internal affairs. Its inquisitors roam throughout the conquerd territories to enforce the order´s message.
The Red Order has an essential tactical role. Officially, it patrols the Matriarchy´s boarders and defends the pilgrim´s routes. In actual fact, it is the armes branch of the matriarchy.

And there are two more orders:

The White Order supervises the economic and humanitarin growth of the matriarchy. It opens up and protects trade routes ith the least hostile factions. The White Order also manages the few Quarterist hospitals, and looks after the doctors who have sworn loaylity to Sybille.

The Green Order is the Matriarchy´s Bursar. It sees the logistical support for the three other orders, and carefully guards the technological relics captured by the Sisters Of Sybille.

So far, taken from the rulebook.

Ah, I don't have the rules yet, I await my starter sets in the mail.
I assume the rules that come with the starters don't contain all this information, do they?

09-18-2013, 05:03 AM
No, the starter contains only the playing rules. The text was taken from the Eden Universe & Survival Rules, a hardcover rulebook with a lot of background to each faction, and some nice artworks. You should get it in every store...I just can recommand it!

09-18-2013, 05:23 AM
Great thanks. I'll have to get it eventually, though for now, I think I'll wait until I've actually had a chance to play the game. I'll probably wait until I'm ready to order another faction...maybe the Askaris. Or the Convoys. Definitely one of those too (if not the ISC)...

09-18-2013, 05:36 AM
No problem! I´m playing my Sisters for six month now and I love them! My friends play the Resistance and the Convoy. Very good factions, too, but a totally other kind of playing.
And the ISC....yeah, fascinating! I think you will have much fun with Eden! It´s a great game!