Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nephilim
12-25-2013, 03:26 AM
Nephilim
So I received my Nephilim Starter today.
Anyone else?
Time to discuss rules and tactics! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 01:22 AM
RE: Nephilim
(12-25-2013 03:26 AM)Kamaro Wrote:  So I received my Nephilim Starter today.
Anyone else?
Time to discuss rules and tactics! Big Grin

No nothing yet. Although I was one of the first who ordrered!!!SadAngry
01-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Maybe bacause of the holidays? I hope that you will receive your order soon, so that I have someone to talk with Big Grin
04-09-2014, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2014 07:22 PM by JMS.)
Have you played much with them yet, Kamaro?

I'm trying to decide if I want these guys as another faction, or if I want to pick up something else. Still a few factions I haven't done much with.
04-09-2014, 11:37 PM
I, too, am interested hearing about them. I have way too many factions already, so won't be getting them (at least not soon), but they do intrigue me. On paper the starter seemed very competitive.

Resistance is non-futile.
04-10-2014, 12:55 AM
Yeah I had a couple of games with them, yet. Overall they are really fun and competitive, but you have to be careful with your units.

Yg'Faris is a good leader, his best ability is the one which lets you roll three dice and put them on your card. You can now switch a die with those on the card whenever you need to make your roll better. The other ability with the toxic gas (sorry don't know the english original here) is also very good. I always choose him as my leader.

Ar'gamon is the hard hitter here, if he dies it's going to be tough.

Yu'Silaa is like the Black Kunoichi nothing special, not that good. She would be the first one I would change with another fighter.

Bo'Dagun has a funny ability to use. He can catch hostile fighters and the opponent has to hit him to get him free (so no damage to your units, if he wants his fighter back). Works best with cheap or heavily damaged enemies. Since I only played against ISC with my Nephilims he came in very handy because he lowers armour for one point.

I only bought the Nephilim starter to get the exclusive miniature, but it turned out that they are so fun to play, very fragile though. You have to be very careful with them because most of them have a low VIG. Taban Miniatures did a great job creating a new gang which has a unique playstile (ok they all have their own style, but I think you all know what I want to say Big Grin).
If you plan your actions and know how to handle tough situations, you can have a lot of fun with them.
I didn't thought of starting a new gang, but they catched me ^^

Forgive my bad english XD