Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A campaign
01-10-2014, 06:14 PM
A campaign
How to do an Eden campaign.

First, you need a map with some territories to fight over. For nice post-apocalypti city maps, go here, for example: http://blog.microdungeons.com/search/lab...pocalyptic

Or you could take the map of Australia and flip it around - that works, too.

Draw a bunch of territories onto the map. A city works nicely with blocks.

Give each territory a VP value between one and ten and also give some a special effect that you get if you own the territory. Sample special effects:
  • Water source: You get 5 more points when choosing your warband
  • A Good View: You get an extra SP
  • A Defensive Position: If you are attacked here, your opponent has to present three Mission cards and you get to choose a mission for him from amongst those
  • etc.

Choose starting territories. These are your "capitals" and they should have a VP value of ten and also the special effect of giving you 10 extra points for choosing a warband.

Each campaign turn you get a pin. The capitals already have a pin. You put a pin in a territory that neighbours a territory that you own. If a territory has two or more pins on it, you fight and the winner's pin stays. You have 90 points (plus ten from the capital if you still have it) and the game goes normally modified by the special effects of the territories you own.

If you win, you gain five VPs (in addition to gaining the VPs from the territory), if you lose, you gain two.

Agree on a VP value that is needed for campaign victory.

Have fun!

Any thoughts? Anyone come up with nice special effects for territories? Anyone wish to draw a map with sample territories?

Resistance is non-futile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2014, 01:04 AM
RE: A campaign
I like the idea and will test it for sure.

Let me add some ideas for territories:

Medical Center: Once per game you may remove a marker of your choice from one of your fighters
Abadoned Hideout: You get an extra Tactical Card
Dark Cave: All your missions count as "Secret Mission"
Sewer entrance: You may put another pin on another sewer entrance
Brood Nest: You loose 5 points for your warband the next game
Bear Traps: One of your fighters in the next battle has all white CPs in SPD checked

I think the VP values for the territories should be random and hidden until you gain that field. Some of the bonuses (or all) should also be hidden.

The maps you have posted are very nice but I wonder why so much apocalyptic scenarios are located in Seattle Big Grin
01-14-2014, 06:45 PM
(01-12-2014 01:04 AM)Kamaro Wrote:  I like the idea and will test it for sure.
Cool - let us know how it goes!

Quote:Let me add some ideas for territories:

Medical Center: Once per game you may remove a marker of your choice from one of your fighters
Abadoned Hideout: You get an extra Tactical Card
Really like these two!

Quote:Dark Cave: All your missions count as "Secret Mission"
This is maybe a bit powerful since some missions are really powerful as secret missions and some are awkward

Quote:Sewer entrance: You may put another pin on another sewer entrance
Oh yeah, this is great - all in all giving abilities for the 'campaign phase' is a very cool idea.

Quote:Brood Nest: You loose 5 points for your warband the next game
Bear Traps: One of your fighters in the next battle has all white CPs in SPD checked
Another really interesting idea - I like this very much!

Quote:I think the VP values for the territories should be random and hidden until you gain that field. Some of the bonuses (or all) should also be hidden.
Oh yeah, that's very cool. Makes for interesting exploration. You could roll on how many VPs the territory is worth and also have a chart for the specials that roll on. Maybe 2D6 or 3D3 for the VPs maybe.

Quote:The maps you have posted are very nice but I wonder why so much apocalyptic scenarios are located in Seattle Big Grin
Hahah, it's funny because it's true Big Grin

Resistance is non-futile.
01-16-2014, 03:58 AM
I'm glad you like my ideas!
Either VPs stay for the rest of the game when they are rolled or you roll every time someone clains that territory but that would make it too complicated and random I think.
Or bind VPs to places. For example:
A Good View: 0VP
It gives 0 VP but it's still good to have because of the bonus it provides.
Then again fields with no bonus can have a random amout of VP from, let's say, 5-8 VP
These are all just examples, but I hope you understand what I want to tell you (besides my bad English at the moment XD)

My other idea with the hidden bonuses wouldn't work that well if we include something like the Sewer Entrance.