Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ISC versus Horde question
07-02-2013, 09:11 PM
ISC versus Horde question
So played ISC versus Jokers versus The Horde yesterday and something came up.

The Fleshmaster says:
"Nigthmarish vision (perm)
When a fighter spends SP to activate an action special ability or an effect of an action special ability, this ability cannot target nor affect in any way whatsoever an allied fighter within 25cm from the Flesh Master."

My Carmin Ronin walked behind the fleshmaster in Charge range so within the 25cm and activated his Smokescreen.

So the disscusion was that the Ronin couldn't activate this abbility because he was within those 25cm of the Fleshmaster. The fact that none of the Horde could charge or shoot him means that it affects them.
Or does this only mean for abbility's like Ronins Circular stroke, were I realy have to Target one of the Horde.

We decided it could be done because the Smokescreen didn't inflict damage...
Whats the right way to play this??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 04:59 AM
RE: ISC versus Horde question
I tried to start another discussion on Ronin's smokescreen, as there is a way to interpret the smokescreen rules to mean that the ronin ISN'T protected by its own smokescreen and can be charged and hit in melee as normal. But I digress.

WE have house-ruled that only abilities that target a Hord model are affected by the Flesh masters ability. This means smokescreens, Black Kunoichi's acrobat move and even slaughter can be used as Slaughter doesn't target a Hord model per say, it just boosts the melee strike which you are allowed to do normally against the Hord.
07-17-2014, 04:50 AM
RE: ISC versus Horde question
I believe the language "affect in any way whatsoever" is intentionally broad and should be read more broadly than "target." If they had meant to limit it to "target" they could have written it that way. Of course that assumes perfect translation.