Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Summer Painting contest
10-23-2010, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2010 03:06 AM by Taban.)
RE: Summer Painting contest
Hi guys, here are the results and comments made by our Studio Manager Mohand
Mohand has painted half of the eden models and won many golden demons in UK, France and spain...

Bloundhound by Sikil : 3rd

The scorched aspect of the beast is really great and the aggresive choice of colors fits perfectly the subject.
Nice use of washing
The overall aspect is a bit dark though and you should use more lightning to improve the contrast ...

Matapo : 2nd

Very clean and tidy painting job : your technic is good
But your model could get more contrast in the dark tones : darken the miniature with a mix of green and red could be a nice way to bring more shadows and get a less "saturated result"

Vaxxilus : 1st !

Super color scheme, good command of the gradient, great atmosphere
The model lack some contrast though : do not hesitate to lighten your tones up to pure Prince august Ivory for instance

Thanks everybody for these qualitative entries, and sorry for the delay. All the winners will get a prize !

Mohand

Please guys send me a PM with the model you would like + your adress !
(Paladine+any model for Vaxxilius, any model for Matapo, and 30mm based model for Sikil !)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2010, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2010 04:38 AM by Matapo.)
Thanks a lot for the comments...and I‘m really happy with the 2nd place. Congratulations to my combatants.

See forward to the next competition Big Grin
10-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Thanks Mata, and grats to 2nd place!
10-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Congrats Matapo! It was great competing.

And I can see what they mean by needing more contrast. Since I study illustration, I usually go for more realistic lighting, but at that scale you really need to punch the contrast to make it legible. It's tricky to break the habit.