Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kemui's Minis
05-04-2010, 08:51 AM
Kemui's Minis
I know i'm no expert, but hopefully this will encourage others to show off their paints jobs - I figured we can't all be pro-painters, but half the fun is giving it a go:
[Image: bakdak.JPG]

"Hardly my lord, it's just an eye. The God's saw fit to grace me with a spare..."
Project Good
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2010, 09:21 PM
RE: Kemui's Minis
Maybe these minis will not win a painting contest, but I think they are pretty good (over average!).

My only objection is the colour of the mask and shield. In my opinion it is too similar to the skin colour (maybe is the photo, it could have killed the differences).
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Yeah i think i'll avoid the painting contests, unless there's a 'special' - no help from the parents sort of prize Wink

Thanks for the feedback on the colours, i've still got to varnish/coat spray the minis, maybe that will show up a bit better then. I really wanted to capture the grimness of the post apoc thing, by trying to make it all a bit run down an murky, being mutants and all I doubt they'd bother having a wash, like the jokers might with their funky colours!

"Hardly my lord, it's just an eye. The God's saw fit to grace me with a spare..."
Project Good
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2010, 06:48 AM
I like them, better than my painting definitely, and nothing to be ashamed of.
06-09-2010, 05:32 AM
Those aren't half bad. You even got the warpaint on them looking pretty solid.
06-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Too much dry brush in my opinion, but that´s a good technique for "dirty" miniatures like bamaka ones or even all Eden series.