Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fluff and Stuff
12-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Fluff and Stuff
Hey all, new to these boards and still to even decide what faction(s) to pick up but I'm trying to rile some interest here in Glasgow. One deciding factor for a lot of our club is fluff, good fluff = lots of interest.

However, I've noticed a distinct lack of fluff for Eden and I hear that there are no plans to make a rulebook. Are there any plans in the pipeline for short stories, novels, comics or anything like that? Just something to help paint more of a picture of the world of Eden really.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2011, 03:16 AM
RE: Fluff and Stuff
(12-02-2011 10:59 PM)Dangerousbeans Wrote:  Hey all, new to these boards and still to even decide what faction(s) to pick up but I'm trying to rile some interest here in Glasgow. One deciding factor for a lot of our club is fluff, good fluff = lots of interest.

However, I've noticed a distinct lack of fluff for Eden and I hear that there are no plans to make a rulebook. Are there any plans in the pipeline for short stories, novels, comics or anything like that? Just something to help paint more of a picture of the world of Eden really.

I heard the French site and Forum has more fluff. I believe they are working on the translations.
12-03-2011, 04:47 AM
I hope they're working on translations. Lack of fluff is definitely one of the factors keeping this game from spreading in the English speaking scene.

Well, that, and I got to admit the lack of a rulebook. Feels really weird these days to not have a rulebook yet full of art, fiction, rules to capture the interest of people. I mean in a lot of ways a rulebook is a book designed to catch peoples interest and to bring everything together into one source you can show to and loan to your friends to get them interested... Just a thought though.
12-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Well, first of all, Hello there to DangerousBeans and all our Scottish players Smile
We're aware of the lack of background (other than in French, and even they have little of it), our one greatest weakness today. But we're doing our best to change that.
Hopefully, our work with the Escape boardgame can open up many opportunities and get us on the rails for a printed rulebook/BG compendium. It's still very hard, because we need to be extra carefull with these kind of expenses, as it can prevent us from releasing any new minis for three or four monthes (and up to now, we were dedicated to offering you as many ways of playing as possible), and the team is very small, and most of us are voluntary (not to mention there is so much to translate ! But we're hardcore gamers Angel)
Now that the range is quite wide (and still balanced) though, we can think of the future. And 2012 can - and will - be a very special year ! With some great stuff coming, and I'm not only talking about the Resistance Wink
Rest assured that we will do our best to bring the Apocalypse to its full measure !
12-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Cheers Berf, I'm looking forward to seeing what the board game will be like. I understand the complexities of a small company taking on a task like making a rulebook (in three languages no less!) but I hope it's not too far in the future before we see something Big Grin

In the mean time, still plenty of stuff to stick our teeth into! 2012 will be a special year indeed, the year Eden comes to Glasgow!
12-05-2011, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the response, it helps us to understand how things work. I look forward to 2012 and hope the book does come out. Smile

Also on an translation note have you ever thought of trying to get an unpaid intern to do it for work experience? One of my friends mentioned he has a friend who wants translation experience on his resume and will work for free (Though he is Quebecois if that is an issue).