Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lemm's Matriarchy
06-14-2012, 03:06 AM
RE: Lemm's Matriarchy
Looks great! I really need to get something painted myself soon!
Getting really inspired by your stuff!

ZOG!!!

My blog
http://cassarusrandomrantings.blogspot.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2012, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2012 03:34 AM by Lemminkäinen.)
Thank you so much for the encouragement!

I still need to add some dead grass to the bases. Currently am painting a Pain-man.

Resistance is non-futile.
06-30-2012, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2012 10:10 PM by Lemminkäinen.)
Pain-man is ready. The eyes went a bit weird, but other than that I'm relatively happy with how he turned out. The pics show that I need to paint the keyhole for the lock on his neck, though. The pic did eat some of the white highlights from his straightjacket, though.

[Image: 2coorco.jpg]

Played another game of Eden against my friend's ISC with my Matriarchy. I went for a super numerous force of six models so had double the amount of minis compared to my friend. His hidden mission was to capture a fighter of mine by hitting them in the head without killing and then dragging the poor prisoner back to his deployment zone. Mine was to get Ditta killed and kill as many opposing dudes as possible, also hidden.

Ditta strode forward confidently but after some amazing rolling my friend killed her with his boss, the Grey Shogun. Now, I was a bit miffed because I was really hoping to do some damage with her before her going down and SB was miffed because he had wanted to capture her as opposed to kill her.

I had to adjust my strategy a lot at this point and got into a defensive position at a choke point. SB's mighties fighter, Carmin Ronin, came with the aim of capturing one of the pesky slaves but the lowly Torture-man, with some boosts, rolled insanely well and killed the evil drone in one hit. He then proceeded to kill the snake bot (Green Mamushi) as well until finally succumbing to SB's boss and sole remaining mini.

The Grey Shogun got into turbodrive and killed the rest of my crew except for the Rampart-man but failed to capture anyone either hitting them too hard or hitting them in the wrong place.

The game ended in my first victory over my friend this year and my first Eden victory ever. Yay!

07-02-2012, 01:14 AM
I like him, but I'm afraid he comes out a we bit yellowish on the photos. Any chance for some better once?
And congrats to the win! I'm gonna have my first game against the ISC in a couple of weeks and it sure will be interesting Smile

ZOG!!!

My blog
http://cassarusrandomrantings.blogspot.com/
07-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm afraid he really is that yellowish. The highlights are a bit more prominent in real life, but the base colour of the straight jacket is bleached bone. The stitching holding his sleeve is pure white and that indeed appears pretty pure white on the pics.

09-18-2013, 03:39 AM
I love all your paintjobs. Have you any more Matriarchy>

Adam's Miniatures, Painting and Hobbies Blog
09-19-2013, 09:56 PM
(09-18-2013 03:39 AM)Addam Wrote:  I love all your paintjobs. Have you any more Matriarchy>
Thank you! I have a few on the workbench. Unfortunately my hobby time has been a bit limited of late (new job) but I'll see if I could finish a couple that are pretty near to completion.

09-26-2013, 10:24 PM
I did paint Leyla quite a bit, had a game (on an absolutely amazing table - a modular table by a group of local master painters with each tiny stone highlighted individually) and they had a good camera setup, so here's a pic of the crew I used:

[Image: IMG_6773_zpsac3ac0e5.jpg]

As an aside, I really liked Leyla in actual game - she is really good in finishing a job. She won't be killing ISC dudes in one hit, but she is amazing in killing wounded models.

09-27-2013, 04:56 AM
Wow, that is an amazing looking crew.
Looks really good as a unit like that.

09-28-2013, 10:40 PM
What paints did you use to achieve the red?