Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Limited Editions and a Bit of a Moan
05-27-2012, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2012 08:12 AM by Doctor Warlock.)
Limited Editions and a Bit of a Moan
I'm generally OK with Limited Edition stuff (up to a point) - you can generally get them if you are patient and poke around (my Partner, Linda, got me the LE Resistance Starter for my Birthday) but when its something really nice thats not only very limited in numbers, but ONLY available in a specific place/time - I'll be honest it pisses me off.

Alisha the Eden mercenary - 300 copies ONLY and ONLY available at Salute 2012.

WTF - how unfair is that!

Even though I live in the UK, as a full-time carer for my 92 year old father I was totally unable to attend Salute again this year and so have Zero chance of getting this miniature now.

I don't know about any other Eden Fans - but I find this sort of crap Really REALLY irritating - if you had made it "convention only" like some Miniature Companies that would be something.

Sorry guys - gorgeous Miniature utterly UTTERLY crap Customer Service . . . .

We can't just knock on the wall and say, Hello, Cursed Earth Pizza!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: Limited Editions and a Bit of a Moan
I understand your concern about limited editions, as it can be hard to put your hand on those.
But I think a little mistake was made with this advertising for Salute, as Alisha is normally available on every conventions. True, we're not doing much conventions over the Channel, but we're travelling a lot on the continent and we'll be at the Essen event again this year.
Never despair, it's still possible to get your hands on one Smile
Aside from that, I must point out that this miniature is not a must-have, game-wise that is. But for a painter, it sure is a sweet model to put under your brushes.

[Image: subnorm_wide.jpg]
05-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Thanks for that, that makes me feel somewhat better!

I do like "it's not must have" logic - the MINUTE a Mini is released for a game thats great looking it BECOMES Must-Have.

05-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Well, it's true that every new miniature is a must-have, mainly because miniatures afficonados are insane Smile

05-30-2012, 05:05 PM
yes we are Berf. Totally Bonkers. How do we get one of the limited edition models?

My gaming blog
05-30-2012, 07:54 PM
(05-29-2012 09:29 PM)Berf Wrote:  True, we're not doing much conventions over the Channel, but we're travelling a lot on the continent and we'll be at the Essen event again this year

Despite being nagged to go to Essen by my Freebooter's Fate friends - with a sick 92 year old to look after thats not going to happen this year either sadly.

05-30-2012, 09:53 PM
I'd check to be sure, but I think you can ask Taban to provide tournaments with limited editions as prize. Not many, like one or two per tournament, and you still have to win them fair and square (seeing everyone would want it Smile), but then, aren't we players Wink

05-30-2012, 10:26 PM
UNFORTUNATELY being a full-time carer for a 92 year old invalid - setting up and running a tournament in the vague hope (dice hate me) I might win something is really out of the question!

I can (usually) JUST manage a Day at a Convention, and the odd evenings gaming - but thats about it!

But thanks for the support and the suggestion

05-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Yes, I see your problem (your dice problem, that is Wink).
Seriously though, if time is your main issue, let me assure you that an Eden tournament can be played very efficiently. A regular one (betwenn 12 and 16 players) fits in a day without problem. One game is time-limited at 1h30, so you can play 4 games in about 6 hours. And since we play on little field, it doesn't require a very large place. Lastly, since each player is self-sufficient - Mission-wise and we usually don't allow to change the troop between games - the organisator(s) only need to act as referee and match the players after each game.
Honestly, it is very simple and very fast. I don't want to force you to organize one, but just so you know it is far less hassle than any other game I've played in tournaments Smile