Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding Jimmy...
10-23-2012, 01:55 AM
Regarding Jimmy...
.. Jimmy has an ability that lets a destroyed robot-type fighter stay alive until the end of the current turn. So if that robot fighter is then healed does it still die at the end of the turn?

ie: Patriot gets charged by that chainsaw-weilding bastard, Otto, who promptly removes Patriot's legs. Jimmy uses his 3BTU ability to keep Patriot going until the end of the turn. Jimmy then activates and heals Patriot so that Patriot now still has some CP remaining on his legs. Does Patriot then survive at the end of the turn or is he still removed as a casualty?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 06:02 PM
RE: Regarding Jimmy...
Ooh, that's an interesting question. I went to the French forum but couldn't find anything there. My interpretation would be that Patriot would thus be saved but I can see it going the other way as well.

Resistance is non-futile.
10-24-2012, 12:15 AM
It doesn't seem to suggest anything one wayor the other. I'll play that he's removed regardless until Berf chimes in. (also, if Berf could chime in by 6pm tonight that's be great Big Grin)
10-28-2012, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2012 07:34 PM by Berf.)
Sorry, I didn't chime in at the right time.
But I can assure you that Patriot (or any other Robot) is not removed from play if it's healed between the use of Jimmy's Energetic boost and the and of the turn Smile
As a matter of fact, it works that way with other abilities too, take for example the Pain-man, who can heal himself with the Medicinal herb TC in order to stay alive (if you play it right, that trick is priceless Big Grin). Or an ISC drone like the Samurai or the Serial Shenron can heal themselves while under the Grey Kitsune's Binary possession ability.
In short ,as long as your fighter is not incapacitated when the ability preventing him from being removed from play stops being effective, he stays on the field Smile

[Image: subnorm_wide.jpg]
10-29-2012, 06:09 PM
(10-28-2012 10:13 PM)Berf Wrote:  As a matter of fact, it works that way with other abilities too, take for example the Pain-man, who can heal himself with the [undefined=undefined]Medicinal herb[/undefined] TC in order to stay alive (if you play it right, that trick is priceless Big Grin).
Oh man, that's wonderfully devious! Heart

Resistance is non-futile.
11-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Cheers Berf, good to know Big Grin

It didn't come up in our game, but The Resistance still showed that pesky Convoy who's boss!
12-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Sadly, I'm saying farewell to my ISC but I can't find a list of what sac longchamp soldes cards come in the box. Can anyone tell me