Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The issue of spam and other irregularities.
11-30-2012, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 10:24 AM by Cassarus.)
The issue of spam and other irregularities.
So for a while now we have been visited by some various bot and other things causing a lot of threads full of spam. I think this is a shame as it really diminishes the forum experience.
I think we need to do something about this as it would make the forum all that more attractive to the users.
It's a fairly simple task to deleting a thread. and a daily sweep of a moderator would be all that's needed.

On another note I think the English (a.ka. this forum) could use some more attention, we still haven't got faction specific threads/part of the forum for all the factions of this game.
I see this as a further way to improve on the forums. A good forum needs to be up to date, otherwise the casual visitor might turn away and might miss out on a great game. And we wouldn't want that.
With the indiegogo campaign soon at an end, and with a great result I think the game will receive more attention and the most gamers will look for an English speaking forum (no offense).

My recommendation to you guys is to get a a couple of extra moderators involved, or take more notice of this forum so we all can have a great experience here. This is a great games, one of the best I tried in recent years and I try to play or try out most new games a bit.

With all this said I wont necessarily recommend myself, but we need to get this going.
There is a couple of people who's regulars on the forum, I'm thinking of Lemminkäinen, Dangerousbeans and me foremost.
And obviously I can't speak for them, I do have some prior experience of being a moderator on a couple of forums, and I would be glad to help out. But I would be equally glad to just see this done, I love this game and I think it deserves a good and active English forum as well as a French one.

So thats the end of my rant, now let's see what you guys say.

Cheers!

Christopher a.k.a Cassarus

ZOG!!!

My blog
http://cassarusrandomrantings.blogspot.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 04:08 AM
RE: The issue of spam and other irregularities.
Nice post.

I would like to see a forum that mirrors the awesomeness of the game Smile
12-01-2012, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 04:20 AM by Lemminkäinen.)
I do agree with you, Cassarus. The forums of a game are often the first place I look when considering something new (mostly the creative side, though, since seeing minis painted in other schemes and styles from the official ones is a lot of fun) and spam threads do leave a bitter taste.

I do love the fact that official presence is so prevalent here and I do like the general layout of the forums. As for critique, the system of subforums is a bit strange and deep and it can be a bit difficult to see where a thread should go. With the current amount of traffic, a far less deep system would work, I think. Something like News, Rules, Tactics (including lists and after action reports), Miniatures Workshop, and Terrain Workshop. Oh, and the smileys could use a tune up (they have white borders which doesn't work on a grey background). Wink

I feel that the forums are vital these days and serve a very real need and even though these are kinda quiet currently, all it really takes is a couple of enthusiastic people talking about stuff to make things likely.

I would be willing to help as well if needed, I do check the forums regularly. I have some experience with moderating but here it would be basically just hunting spam since there is no real "peacekeeping" stuff necessary. In other words, easy but somewhat time consuming.

Edit: I also agree with Sashgo! Big Grin

Resistance is non-futile.
12-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Any thoughts from the Eden team?

ZOG!!!

My blog
http://cassarusrandomrantings.blogspot.com/