Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bamaka versus Jokers
03-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Bamaka versus Jokers
Hi All,

Played a few games last friday, and now that we are familiar with the rules the games just rocks !!!

We both played with the starterboxes.
[Image: 471782_md-.jpg]

Bamaka hat to collect 9 tokens and Jokers hat to kill Bamaka's for VP.

We quickly realised the reason why you only play on a 60cmx60cm table. Ours ist 120cmx120cm (because of the other games we play).

Jokers setup first in the right corner and Bamaka in the left corner.
The Jokers didnt do anything except running around behind the Bamaka, who picked up the Tokens and ran away from Jokers.

The last 2 turns the Jokers finally got in to combat...

[Image: 471780_md-.jpg]

[Image: 471781_md-.jpg]

Jokers lost badly.....

In the second game (Sorry no Pics) the Bamakas had to get to the center of the board and the Jokers had to Loot the Dead.
So the Jokers ran to the center of the board and waited for the Bamaka's to come.
This was a very obvious win for the Jokers...

Some thoughts on the game...
We don't see the point of the Betting SP points who goes first? Bamaka is very fast and I betted a few times to get the first turn but got interupted easily with Bamaka having ridicoulus fast fighters.
In the end we both bet no SP and let the dice decide.....

We also don't like the Missions, they kinda very much al the same. I bought the Convoy and the Jokers starter and the missions who are in there, 3 of them say kill you're opponent for VP. Then there is the Looting mission we're I also have to kill my opponents...
We are absolutly going to make our own scenarios (we already checked those from Malifaux, wich seem to work fine for Eden)

We also decided to play larger games, 150 or 200 pints, this because of the size of ours board, and the whinning of my Bamaka opponent because he only can filed 3 miniatures Big Grin

Overal this is a great game, lots of tactic and fun.
This game has become a regular in our group together with Warmahordes and Malifaux.
Great game.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: Bamaka versus Jokers
Such cool piccies! Thank you for posting Smile

(03-11-2013 04:54 PM)RichardH Wrote:  Some thoughts on the game...
We don't see the point of the Betting SP points who goes first? Bamaka is very fast and I betted a few times to get the first turn but got interupted easily with Bamaka having ridicoulus fast fighters.
In the end we both bet no SP and let the dice decide.....
The Jokers starter is a bit on the slow side while the Bamaka starter is fast, so that matchup kinda lessens the impact a bit, but it can still be very important.

For example, imagine that you have Yuri and Ngwane facing off with Ngobo somewhere else. The Jokers win initiative and wish to activate Yuri. Ngobo intercepts, goes first, does his thing but doesn't affect this part of the battle. It's again Jokers' turn, so Yuri activates. He throws a molotov at Ngwane and moves away so that Ngwane can't kill him.

If Bamaka had bid more SP, then they could've activated Ngwane, charged Yuri and killed him. And then Jokers would try to activate someone, but Ngobo is still ready to intercept.

The crucial bit here is that since normally SPD 5 is the highest there is (Ngobo is an anomaly here - very few have SPD 6 or higher except with Rage) and you can only intercept if you have a higher stat, so winning initiative can be extremely crucial.

Quote:We also don't like the Missions, they kinda very much al the same. I bought the Convoy and the Jokers starter and the missions who are in there, 3 of them say kill you're opponent for VP. Then there is the Looting mission we're I also have to kill my opponents...
We are absolutly going to make our own scenarios (we already checked those from Malifaux, wich seem to work fine for Eden)
Do note, btw, that the missions are very much balanced for the 60cm x 60cm board and playing on a board that is four times that will skew them completely making some trivially easy and others utterly impossible.

I would suggest cordoning off a 60x60 section of the board (and it is an extremely nice board) to play on and trying one more time with the official scenarios.

I have the least experience with Convoy and Jokers actually, so am not familiar with their missions, but Resistance starter for example has very quirky missions and I don't think that any of them hinge on killing enemy. I also find the 'slaughter'-type missions fun when there is a twist to them or when they are hidden.

That said, feel free to test the Malifaux missions. They should work pretty OK, though Eden models tend to be a bit slower than Malifaux ones. Or rather, they are a bit faster on average, but are nowhere near as fast as the faster models in Malifaux. Also, some things like Green Mamushi might be a bit troublesome in some strategies. Will you be using the Schemes as well?

Quote:We also decided to play larger games, 150 or 200 pints, this because of the size of ours board, and the whinning of my Bamaka opponent because he only can filed 3 miniatures Big Grin
Again, the game is balanced for 100 points, so some support models for example might be a bit too good in bigger games, but it should work up to 200 quite nicely.

But only three models in 100 points? So that's Sabaka, Tarar and Abama or something like that? Personally with Sabaka I would be tempted to go with cheaper models like Folayan, Abama and Dhambizao for example. But on a 60x60 board three models is perfectly doable. On a 120x120 they will be very easy to outmaneuver.

Resistance is non-futile.
03-11-2013, 09:55 PM
(03-11-2013 09:07 PM)Lemminkäinen Wrote:  The Jokers starter is a bit on the slow side while the Bamaka starter is fast, so that matchup kinda lessens the impact a bit, but it can still be very important.)

Well maybe we should play some other matchups where everybody has about the same speed

(03-11-2013 09:07 PM)Lemminkäinen Wrote:  I would suggest cordoning off a 60x60 section of the board (and it is an extremely nice board) to play on and trying one more time with the official scenarios.
Hmmm making another board Wink

(03-11-2013 09:07 PM)Lemminkäinen Wrote:  Will you be using the Schemes as well?
No just some scenarios like the one with the Dynamite and Cartwagon and such....
Some fun scenarios not about just butchering each other

(03-11-2013 09:07 PM)Lemminkäinen Wrote:  But only three models in 100 points? So that's Sabaka, Tarar and Abama or something like that?

He plays the starter for now
Siguana 25
Ngwana 30
Ngobo 25
Abama 20

Thats 100 Points, that Ngobo guy's comes later in the game...

We will try 150 points and then maybe 200.
But first we will try to play on a smaller board, see what happens Big Grin
03-11-2013, 10:20 PM
(03-11-2013 09:55 PM)RichardH Wrote:  No just some scenarios like the one with the Dynamite and Cartwagon and such....
Some fun scenarios not about just butchering each other
Those two should work and are fun for sure Smile

If you have access to Hell Dorado, that also features some rather imaginative scenarios that might serve as inspiration.

Also, check out the missions in the Resistance starter. I just checked, and there's four non-killy missions there. Unfortunately three are officially Resistance-only, but I doubt they would be all that imbalanced with other factions. Worth a try at least!

Quote:He plays the starter for now
Siguana 25
Ngwana 30
Ngobo 25
Abama 20

Thats 100 Points, that Ngobo guy's comes later in the game...
Ah, yeah! Forgot Ngobo's deployment thingy.

Resistance is non-futile.