Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hord--Number of Degenerates Allowed
05-16-2013, 02:30 AM
Hord--Number of Degenerates Allowed
I noticed that for the Degenerate and Starving Degenerate for Hord do not have the Brood ability allowing 2 copies. I take this to mean I can only have one of each in a Hord army. If correct, that means I cannot make a Degenerate themed list as the Brood Master and one of each Degenerate comes to 80 points. I guess you could include the Flesh Master but the thread on armies says he does not work well with the Brood Master. Is this correct? If correct, will we see more Degenerates?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2013, 04:44 AM
RE: Hord--Number of Degenerates Allowed
This is correct. Right at the moment you can only have one of each Degenerate in your group. I hope that they will make another one, so that you can field a themed group.
05-17-2013, 04:31 PM
(05-16-2013 02:30 AM)Atticus Wrote:  I noticed that for the Degenerate and Starving Degenerate for Hord do not have the Brood ability allowing 2 copies. I take this to mean I can only have one of each in a Hord army. If correct, that means I cannot make a Degenerate themed list as the Brood Master and one of each Degenerate comes to 80 points. I guess you could include the Flesh Master but the thread on armies says he does not work well with the Brood Master. Is this correct? If correct, will we see more Degenerates?
Flesh Master certainly isn't bad with the Brood Master but they have a tiny clash in their synergies. Despite that, it will make for a competitive 100 point force.

The antisynergy comes from Brood Master's ability to once per match activate all the Degenerates one after the other while Flesh Master has an ability to precludes it from affecting friendly models within 25cm of Flesh Master. And that is the only ability negatively affected since Degenerates have no active abilities and Brood Master's other actives affect enemies.

So it's not too bad, though Synchronization is very powerful. Arguably, they could be too powerful, if Synchronization could be used on Flesh Master.

So yeah, Flesh Master is still a good choice since he has nice stats that get better when he gets wounded, his ability shields your dudes from enemy active abilities (especially vital since Degenerates like to clump up a bit and some actives can be nasty against them) and having two Dominants is almost essential for the Hord (especially so for Degenereates since they like to eat Savagery counters like candy). And naturally being of the Degenerate type gives nice bonuses when you gang up on enemies.

All of this means that enemies love to try and take him out, and once he's dead, you could get to use Synchronization again. Which, in turn, might deter your opponent from killing him - it's a win-win Tongue

So yeah, don't feel discouraged in taking Flesh Master to complement your force. He is good for the twenty points.

Resistance is non-futile.
05-22-2013, 12:12 AM
Don't think anyone could have put it better, Lem. Good show!