Forums

Full Version: The Hord
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys

Just bought my first Eden figures and have decided to go for the Hord Brood Master Starter Set. Now a friend has pointed out that the set comes to 80pts and most other sets come to 100pts. Is the only way to get the points upto 100 to buy the mutant dog things?

Also am i right in thinking that once a turn the Dominant gets his 2 frenzy tokens and then the only way to get them is when enemy models die within 20cm of him?

Cheers

Toby
It's right, you'll need something else to bring your troop to the standard 100 points. My advice is "Get the other Dominant", two Dominants are essential if you don't want to fall short of Frenzy markers during the game Smile
And each Dominant receive two markers at the end of each round, so it's not that bad.
And of course, you get markers for each opponent killed. But remember that only one Dominant get the additional markers coming from a kill, you just choose which one.
Thank you for the reply,

Sorry i thought of the two starter sets as separate types of The Hord but they are actually the same. I thought you could only have one Dominant?
No, you can play more than one Dominant (only two for now, but more will be released later), in fact it's harder if you play only one. Each Dominant is 'attached' to a certain type of critter, but it is not meant to be a rule.
You can mix critters or play a dedicated type, at your convenience Smile
Any chance you could guess at when the next release for the Hord might be Smile?
Oh, I don't need to guess, I know Wink
The next Dominant will come after the summer, in the meantime, another critter will be released and - but that's not 100% sure - some other NPF from earlier could get Hord profiles.
Be patient Smile
I know I keep going on about this but........... please please please make the dominant lycal a dominant fighter..... please....... I'm begging you......... I really, really want to run a big pack of Lycals. More 'lycal types' would be awesome too - like lycal puppies (lycies?) and/or female 'momma' types.
I can't promise you, but I'll try to make it happen Smile
(06-15-2012 11:07 PM)Dangerousbeans Wrote: [ -> ]I know I keep going on about this but........... please please please make the dominant lycal a dominant fighter..... please....... I'm begging you......... I really, really want to run a big pack of Lycals. More 'lycal types' would be awesome too - like lycal puppies (lycies?) and/or female 'momma' types.

I can only give this Idea +1. I would love this, too. I look forward to the release of the dominant Lycal for the Hord. A pack just consisting of Lycals would be great. If you have to choose the Beastmaster to use this it still would be okay in my opinion. But my main wish is: Please release more Lycals for the Hord! Blush

Best regards

Dhark
slightly off thread but I am getting my Brood master starter set soon. It has been sent. I can't wait to start painting and playing with the Hord
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's