Forums

Full Version: Lemm's Resistance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With the Matriarchy well underway, I need to start painting some Resistance to have a demo force ready. Resistance were what originally brought be to this game - such lovely minis.

First up is Chelsea:

[Image: 4vig6h.jpg]

Orange and a greyish blue with milky khaki for the leather parts is my planned scheme. The eyes didn't quite work out - we'll see whether I'll muster the will to fix them. I'd love to do a freehand for the shield, but I need to practice that a bit before trying.

All comments, ideas and criticisms are super welcome!
I do like what I see!
I need to give som love to my resistance minis to Smile
wow
really nice job. love the orange overalls and the pink hair is well done.
all over a well done job..
very cool.
oh she must be a little cold in just that top huh.. its a little nipply there lol..Smile
Thank you for the encouraging words!

As for the nips - they were even more pronounced, but I tried to file them down a bit. Didn't get it all, though, it seems. I'm currently painting Kate, who has an even stranger top - hopefully they'll bring the crowds for the demo Tongue
cool, please put some pics up as i cant get enough of seeing these mods..
Smile
Sorry about the delay, had a week-long holiday in Norway with the missus. We sailed down a fjord and went to the top of a mountain - utterly incredible vistas.

But yeah, I actually finished Kate before leaving for Norway, took pics and noticed that the eyes looked wacky. I fixed them now and took new pics, though I have to say that I'm still not super-happy with the eyes.

[Image: ehj1b6.jpg]

This week I've done Alice. Now she was a special case in that she was the catalyst for me to pick up Eden in the first place. Also, she's the first black human mini I've painted and she sports the first afro I've painted. So I wanted to make her as good as possible but had to try quite a few new things with her. I would've liked to highlight her skin more, but was a bit at a loss on how to do it.

[Image: av4g47.jpg]

As usual, all feedback is extremely welcome.
love the mods. The dark skin is well done and the orange of both uniforms is really good, a nice contrast with the other tones that you have used. The bases are cool to and i love the metals..

Well done ..
oh love the purple hair.
Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm currently tackling Jimmy and then once the missing part for Patriot arrives, I hope to get a proper game with Resistance Smile
Excellent work !
The orange uniforms are really nice (especially since it can be a troublesome color) and good skin (and eyes Wink ).
Only drawback, I'd say the arms' quilted protections of Alice and Kate lack a bit of contrast. Maybe a little wash (I'd go with Devlan mud), and some highlights with a white/bone mix would be good Smile
Thank you! I see what you mean - they have actually been washed with watered down Devlan Mud and then highlighted with a white/bone mix, but yeah, they need more contrast. I should put some non-diluted Devlan Mud into just the recesses - will try that tonight Smile
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's