Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jimmy and Valor?
07-08-2013, 02:35 AM
Jimmy and Valor?
Valor has these two abilities:

Backup systems (perm) (1 BU), (1/round)
When one or several of Valor’s limbs have no more CP, it is only removed from the field at the end of the round. If before then any gaming effect grants it at least 1 CP to all the limbs that had none left Valor is not considered as incapacitated anymore.

Watchdog (perm), (1 BU), (1/round)
Allied fighters of Pilot type within 5cm or less from Valor earn the following special ability:
Insignificant (perm)
This fighter cannot be the target of an attack as long as an allied free Robot fighter is located 5 cm or less from him.

Jimmy has this:

Handyman (action) (1AP)
A Robot allied fighter within 7,5cm of Jimmy is healed by 1 CP in the limb of your choice.

This seemed to result in a situation where Jimmy can't be attacked and Valor can't be killed unless you incapacitate every one of his four limbs. Which seems somewhat insane. Can you go into negative CPs?

Resistance is non-futile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: Jimmy and Valor?
As long as you can pay for the abilities and only once per round. You have to focus on Patriot if you want him to go down.
07-10-2013, 04:09 AM
(07-09-2013 10:57 PM)Kamaro Wrote:  As long as you can pay for the abilities and only once per round. You have to focus on Patriot if you want him to go down.
What do you mean once per round? I mean, doesn't he keep going even if his other limbs fail? And since Handyman has no restrictions other than 1AP per action, he can heal Valor into three limbs to keep it going.

You see, I played against a friend of mine with an Askari force. My mission was to have more models in the centre 15cm to score 25VP per round. I had Duncan activate his aura of super suck (all non-Cyber fighters re-roll all successes in PSI, CBT, and SPD rolls) to keep essentially everyone alive for two rounds (had the extra BU from a tactical card). Meanwhile Valor blocked two Askaris since they couldn't attack Jimmy or Bruce due to Watchdog.

On the fourth round, Valor was incapacitated on one limb but Jimmy fixed him up. On the fifth round, Valor was again incapacitated but Jimmy kept him going and here is where I decided that I won't use Handyman three times to give Valor one CP into all his limbs. Because it seemed so extremely silly. At this point it was out of BU so next round (which wasn't going to happen) it would've died for real, but the game was a bit of a cake walk.

What happens if you are incapacitated in a limb and get hit again there?

07-10-2013, 05:00 AM
OK after your battle report it sounds more powered than before. What I was talking about is that you can't do this forever since Watchdog and Backup Systems costs 1 BU each everytime you use it. So if you use both skills in one round you can use only one skill in the other unless you play a tactical card or use Alice.

There are no rules (as far is I know) which describe what happens when you get more damage in a Zone than you have CP. Some people use house rules like rerolling or choosing the nearest other limb. Vassiliev is a good example. I for my part think you have to forfeit the damage.
07-11-2013, 03:08 PM
(07-10-2013 05:00 AM)Kamaro Wrote:  OK after your battle report it sounds more powered than before. What I was talking about is that you can't do this forever since Watchdog and Backup Systems costs 1 BU each everytime you use it. So if you use both skills in one round you can use only one skill in the other unless you play a tactical card or use Alice.
Aye, the full combo can be essentially done for two turns, since Jimmy can also keep Valor on its feet when incapacitated in a limb or two. The challenge is that Valor isn't a complete pushover, so killing it isn't automatic (like it is in Pain-man's case, for example) so it might not die straight away. And since the not-dying part can be done only once it dies (it doesn't need to be active from the start of the turn, for example), two turns of unkillability is a huge part of the game.

Finally, since Valor can't be wounded and has CBT 5 when close to Jimmy (or another pilot) it can kill stuff.

Quote:There are no rules (as far is I know) which describe what happens when you get more damage in a Zone than you have CP. Some people use house rules like rerolling or choosing the nearest other limb. Vassiliev is a good example. I for my part think you have to forfeit the damage.
I believe you are right.

07-12-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure if it is so stron because I don't have Valors exact stats in mind. But this combination is definitely a good harrasment for the enemy. Not the baddest combination Wink