Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
News for September
09-15-2013, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2013 04:13 PM by Lemminkäinen.)
News for September
Ken for Mercenaries (40 points)
[Image: ken1.jpg]

Kelisha for Bamaka (20 points)
[Image: kelisha3.jpg]

Black Kunoichi for ISC (re-sculpt)
[Image: isc%203.jpg]

Lloyd for the Resistance (20 points)
[Image: lloyd1.jpg]

Tarik for Askari (40 points)
[Image: tarik1.jpg]

Niklaus for Convoy (35 points)
[Image: niklaus2.jpg]

More angles of each can be found here:
http://de607.ispfr.net/forum/index.php?P...pic=2818.0
Comments-time!

Ken is in a bit of different style from the rest of the minis. I believe he pays homage to an anime or manga, but I have not seen that so the reference escapes me. A 40-point mercenary is certainly interesting from a game perspective, though.

Kelisha is an amazing sculpt! Boobs with the proper sense of movement is something I don't recall seeing before in minis and the spear-throw-thing is very clever. An ultra-dynamic sculpt and certainly has that wow-factor. Love it!

Black Kunoici - I hope she comes with the option for the hat! The head seems a bit big but it is a good sculpt that I like. I've also understood that the original was really fragile, especially from the ankles, so I can see the reason for this sculpt.

Lloyd will find his way to my collection for sure! I've always liked power fists and this guy provides attitude in spades. Really cool.

Tarik is a beautiful sculpt! I must say, that I dread these halberdy things a bit since they are a bit of a pain to transport safely but he oozes authority and looks altogether just great.

Finally, Niklaus. Love the look of the horse. Suitably down-trodden but a proper horse - those aren't easy to sculpt. And the rider is fun. A great idea and a good execution of something that we haven't seen in Eden yet.

Resistance is non-futile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: News for September
The stats for Kelisha are up on the French forum, she does something with familiars.
09-15-2013, 10:42 PM
The new ones all look good. I also miss any anime reference with Ken. I really like the sculpts for Tarik and Niklaus, though I would have liked a slightly larger crossbow for Niklaus.

Adam's Miniatures, Painting and Hobbies Blog
09-16-2013, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 05:20 AM by Corpuscle.)
(09-15-2013 10:42 PM)Addam Wrote:  The new ones all look good. I also miss any anime reference with Ken. I really like the sculpts for Tarik and Niklaus, though I would have liked a slightly larger crossbow for Niklaus.

I assumed it was Kenshiro from Fists of the North Star Huh
09-16-2013, 05:40 AM
(09-16-2013 05:20 AM)Corpuscle Wrote:  
(09-15-2013 10:42 PM)Addam Wrote:  The new ones all look good. I also miss any anime reference with Ken. I really like the sculpts for Tarik and Niklaus, though I would have liked a slightly larger crossbow for Niklaus.

I assumed it was Kenshiro from Fists of the North Star Huh

Oh , quite possibly. I am just not familiar with Anime as a whole, including Fists of the North Star.

Adam's Miniatures, Painting and Hobbies Blog
09-16-2013, 07:29 AM
I wonder where my September News Thread went Wink

I like the new models but I think Kelisha will be a pain to build. Also she will definitely break at the foot :/

I hope the rules will be up soon
09-19-2013, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2013 10:10 PM by Lemminkäinen.)
(09-16-2013 07:29 AM)Kamaro Wrote:  I wonder where my September News Thread went Wink
It might've gotten lost in the big purge if it got hit with spam - apparently all threads about 'kitchens' were deleted.

Quote:I like the new models but I think Kelisha will be a pain to build. Also she will definitely break at the foot :/
This is a concern that was brought up on the French forums as well. Especially since they re-sculpted Black Kunoichi - infamous for her ankles. But Taban said that it shouldn't be as bad as it looks, though I do agree that it does indeed look tricky.

Quote:I hope the rules will be up soon
My French is close to non-existent, but I'll see what I can do.
OK, I'm trying to get the gist of the rules, not a precise translation. Here goes:

Kelisha Calme-fougue(Protection) Mutant - Tamer (20 points)
PSI - 2/1 - ◯◯◯◯ - 1
CBT - 4/2 - ◯◯◯◯◯ - 2,3
VIG - 4/3 - ◯◯◯◯◯ - 4,5
SPD - 5/3 - ◯◯◯◯◯ - 6
Équipement : Sacred spear (shooting) : CBT +0, range(25), Str(2). 1/game

Phéromones de sauvagerie (Perm) (1 SP, 1/round) : Minions within 15cm lose the Minion type.

Empathie animale (perm) : You can recruit any Minion worth up to 15 points ignoring faction and agenda limitations, though it is not considered to be a Bamaka.

Apaisement (action) (1SP, 1/round) : Choose a fighter within 15cm of Kelisha. This fighter makes a difficulty 5 PSI roll. The next time your opponent wishes to activate this fighter, he must spend 3 - X SP, where X is the number of successes in the PSI roll. If he can't pay the SP, the fighter is considered activated this turn.

---

I like her a lot. The stat line isn't special and though the spear is quite nice, it's only once per game, but the Animal Empathy skill allows for interesting possibilities in building a list and the Appeasement can be super good against models with low PSI.

09-20-2013, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 07:06 PM by Lemminkäinen.)
And now it was pointed out to me that the cards are already available in English on the Eden site.

Heh.

Niklaus
http://www.eden-the-game.com/download/en//CNV/192.jpg

Ken
http://www.eden-the-game.com/download/en//MER/189.jpg

Kelisha
http://www.eden-the-game.com/download/en//BAM/190.jpg

Tarik
http://www.eden-the-game.com/download/en//ASK/193.jpg

Lloyd
http://www.eden-the-game.com/download/en//RES/191.jpg

09-21-2013, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013 07:57 PM by Kamaro.)
They are all very interestin. Personally I like Kelisha the most. I think she could be very strong against Jokers or low Psi Units like Askaris

Edit:
Someone should correct those mistakes on some cards ^^