Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
April News
03-20-2014, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 09:24 PM by Lemminkäinen.)
April News
Right now Taban are busy with the impending delivery of their Escape boardgame Kickstarter and subsequent retail release of it, so the first previewed Eden release is also familiar from the Escape campaign. It is however extremely nice:

[Image: puppet-master-group.jpg]

Damn! Puppet Master looks really nice painted and I'm extremely positively surprised by the Puppets. The sculpts turned out very nicely! The rules for this beast are certainly going to be really interesting on the fields of Eden (the box comes with cards for both Escape and Eden).

Rumours tell that Puppet Master is a Pilot, has full Pr +1 and all of his stats are the same number(!?). I'm guessing five, and if so, he is truly a beast.

Can't wait!

Resistance is non-futile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2014, 12:21 AM
RE: April News
I hope that statcards for Eden are in the Escape Kisckstarter set. The model looks very good and I can't wait for the rules.

If it has a 5 everywhere this thing will be a beast. Maybe together with it's puppets it's 100 points? Just guessing oO
03-22-2014, 12:41 AM
Aye, maybe 4 everywhere is more likely considering that he will probably feature some pretty unique special rules.

OTOH the Pupper Master was described as truly beastly in the teaser and we all know what the beast's favourite number is Big Grin

And yeah, I share your hope that the Eden cards will be included in the Kickstarter version!

03-22-2014, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2014 09:17 AM by Kamaro.)
So the german translator posted the rules:

RES-016 Meister der Puppen – Cyber, Pilot (Chaos) 30 Punkte (40 mm)
PSI 5 OOO 1
KAT 5 OOOO 2,3
WID 5 OOOO 4,5
GES 5 OOO 6
Eiserner Käfig (RS/Tech): Alle +1
EDLC² Batterie (Tech): OOOO
Puppen permanent (2/Runde, 3/Spiel): Zu Beginn einer Runde, bevor der beginnende Spieler bestimmt wird, kann der Besitzer des Meisters der Puppen einen Puppenmarker (30 mm Base) innerhalb von 15 cm um den Meister der Puppen ins Spiel bringen. Ein Puppenmarker wird wie ein Geländestück mit folgenden Eigenschaften behandelt: Zerstörung (4), Entflammbar, Durchquerbar, Sichthindernis (1). Wird ein Puppenmarker vom Spielfeld entfernt, entsteht kein zerstörtes Gebiet.
Klotho Aktion (1 EE, 1/Spiel): Der Besitzer des Meisters der Puppen wählt einen Puppenmarker innerhalb von 15 cm um den Meister der Puppen. Der Puppenmarker erhält einen Brandmarker.
Lachesis Aktion (2 EE, 1/Spiel): Der Besitzer des Meisters der Puppen wählt einen Puppenmarker innerhalb von 15 cm um den Meister der Puppen. Alle verbündeten Kämpfer innerhalb von 15 cm um diesen Puppenmarker erhalten sofort 1 EE zurück. Der Meister der Puppen kann von diesem Effekt profitieren.
Atropos Aktion (3 EE, 1/Spiel): Der Besitzer des Meisters der Puppen wählt einen Puppenmarker innerhalb von 15 cm um den Meister der Puppen. Der Puppenmarker führt einen Fernkampfangriff mit einer Flächenwaffe aus. Danach wird der Puppenmarker vom Spielfeld entfernt.

I'm too tired now to translate it, will do it tomorrow!

And yes, 5 all around and +1, heavy duty!

Hope dies last Lemm! ^^
03-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Oh my - that is a beast all right - thank you for posting these!

I like the marker approach to the puppets, though my German isn't quite good enough to decipher those rules.

03-23-2014, 01:02 AM
So, here we go:

Puppets permanent (2/turn 3/game): At the beginning of every turn, before the starting player is determinated, the owner of the puppet master can place a puppet marker(30 mm base) around 15 cm of the puppet master on the board. a puppet marker is considered as a terrain piece with following characteristics: destruction(4) flammable, traversable, line of sight blocker(1). if a puppet marker gets destroyed it doesn't count as destroyed terrain.

Klotho action (1 EU, 1/game): The owner of the puppet master chooses one puppet marker within 15 cm of the puppet master. the puppet marker gets a burn marker.

Lachesis action (3 EU, 1/game): the owner of the puppet master chooses a puppet marker within 15 cm of the puppet master. every allied fighter within 15 cm around this puppet markert gets 1 EU back. the puppet master profits from this effect.

atropos action (3 EU, 1/game): the owner of the puppet master chooses a puppet marker within 15 cm around the puppet master. the puppet marker performs a ranged attack with a template (not sure how to translate it or how it's described in english). after the attack the puppet marker is taken from the table
03-23-2014, 05:22 AM
Thank you so much for taking the time to translate the rules - much appreciated!

(03-23-2014 01:02 AM)Kamaro Wrote:  Klotho action (1 EU, 1/game): The owner of the puppet master chooses one puppet marker within 15 cm of the puppet master. the puppet marker gets a burn marker.
Ah, a use for the Flammable terrain special rule, nice! Smile

Quote:Lachesis action (3 EU, 1/game): the owner of the puppet master chooses a puppet marker within 15 cm of the puppet master. every allied fighter within 15 cm around this puppet markert gets 1 EU back. the puppet master profits from this effect.
The cost of this was just 2 BU (they are "Battery Units" in the English version, though Energy Unit would probably make more sense) in your previous post?

Quote:atropos action (3 EU, 1/game): the owner of the puppet master chooses a puppet marker within 15 cm around the puppet master. the puppet marker performs a ranged attack with a template (not sure how to translate it or how it's described in english). after the attack the puppet marker is taken from the table
It's called a blast attack.

Do you know whether those abilities are active or passive? On paper they don't seem super destructive but with that statline you really can't complain. And being a Pilot is very nice. All in all a very powerful and interesting mini for sure.

03-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Ah, ok didn't know so I thought it's calles Energy Unit ^^ And yes, it's two BU for Lachesis. They should all be with that little hand symbol.

For thirty points, he really seems strong, even without his puppets. I wonder how he will be ingame.
03-24-2014, 03:23 AM
Aye, the stat line is pretty scary. VIG 5 is such a huge deal - especially when combined with PR+1. He is also Cyber so Duncan's aura makes him indestructible while allowing him to still wreak havoc.

03-25-2014, 04:35 AM
SPD 5 isn't bad either Tongue He seems a little bit too cheap but he may sound harder than he actually is