Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jokers v ISC
05-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Jokers v ISC
Had 2 games this evening, one with a player who had played once before and one intro game.

The initial game was 135 points.
ISC using the box set plus the Yellow K
Jokers with Vlad, Yuri, Ievgueni, Vassilev, Anton and Yorg.

I have no idea what the ISC mission was but I took the Joker mission that comes with the later releases and was after table quarters.

Initial setup had Jokers spread out in a line with Yorg, Yuri and Vladd on the left with the others strung out to their right (Vassilev on the end).

The ISC all bunched up opposite Yuri and the gang. I was a bit worried as the last thing I wanted was to be hit with a whole load of metal nastiness at once!

The game played fluidly with the Assassin robot running in and badly damaging Vladd as he advanced. Luckily these were body hits and didn't reduce any statistics.

In response Vladd damaged the bot and Yorg (who is outstandingly brutal) thumped it into next week. Yorg's ability to lower the VIG of adjacent targets is exceptionally useful, especially if you can get Anton in on the same target later in the round . . oh yes.

The other robots advanced but did little. Vass and Iev moved to occupy the right quarter and the enemy deployment zone.

Following rounds saw the Yellow K drain AP from many Jokers - a very useful ability . . I can see this being evil if used on a model that has just moved and left a defensive AP on itself.

Some flaming and a molotov later the bots were lightly damaged and the Jokers pretty much ok, just not moving much.

The final rounds saw the Carmine Ronin run in and dice Vlad (circular strike is awesome) only to be wasted by lucky hits from Anton teamed up with Yorg. The Yellow K went down to fire damage and Grey Daimyo to a battering after it killed Yorg.

End result was a Joker clear win (making it 2 for 2). However there were several really dirty tricks played by the ISC that definitely added to the game and give promise for future games. So far I do think that the Joker numbers makes a huge difference.

I'll write more, and hopefully more coherent, reports later.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2010, 12:25 AM
RE: Jokers v ISC
The ISC mission was Capture, although it would`ve helped if I`d remembered that a few turns earlier than I did. Wink

After splitting my forces a little too much last game I decided to clump them together a little more and focus on ganging up on his big boys and then finishing off the weak ones. Vlads flamer posed a big threat last game and so he was my number one target to get finished off. I wasted my little ninja again though. I think she would be much better spent as a counter charge unit to finish people off rather than to charge forward. Can`t seem to resist when somethings in range though.

I think my tricky little bugger of the game award goes to the Yellow K. His ability to run into a group of enemy models and make them all lose 1ap is a great little ability. With Jokers having quite low PSI they didn`t risk charging him and instead finished him off in a hail of flame and bombs.

To add to my list of Jokers-Who-Must-Die is Yorg. His ability to lower my VIG meant I was getting hit for more than my armour could handle. It didn`t help that Yorg managed to one hit kill my Grey Daimyo in the foot.

Yorg smash indeed, Kenton. Tongue
05-02-2010, 01:52 AM
RE: Jokers v ISC
"YORG SMAAAAASH"