Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Grey Kitsune 'dodge' ability
11-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Grey Kitsune 'dodge' ability
When the Grey Kitsune uses his dodge it states 'he moves by 10cm to the opposite of the opponent fighter'.
Does this mean he dodges over the opponent hence propelling himself forward 10cm or does 'opposite' mean away from the charge and so go back 10ccm from where he started?
Which way does he go I am slightly confusesd and would like some clarrification or even better a diagram.

The Champ is here...
Check out my blog http://peopleschampwargamingblog.blogspot.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2011, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 10:03 PM by Berf.)
RE: Grey Kitsune 'dodge' ability
Well, good question. The Dodge special ability can be tricky, so here are a few clarifications.
When using this ability, you move away from your opponent, as you cannot move across another fighter (except for special ability).
Here is a little diagram :
[Image: dodge.jpg]

Fig.1 shows the basic direction of a Dodge movement. Note that the direction of the Dodge 'movement' is determined by the opponent's position after the Charge action (once in contact), as shown with Fig.2
The Dodge movement does not stop if it encounters an obstacle, it just changes its direction (Fig.3)
Fianlly, here are some other clarifications that will be in the forthcoming FAQ.

Q : When using this ability, must the fighter make the whole 10 cm/4 in movement or can he move less ?
A : You must make the whole movement.

Q : What happens if the charging opponent fighter comes in contact with two fighters, one with the Dodge Permanant ability and one without, and chooses to target the one without the ability ? Can I still use my ability although my fighter is not the 'real' target ?
A : No, in order to use this ability, a fighter must be the target of the Charge action.

Q : As I am using this ability once the opponent fighter is in contact with my fighter, should I perform a SPD roll for withdrawal ?
A : Yes.

Q : Must a fighter be free in order to use this ability  ?
A : No.

Hope that helps Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply