Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NPFs as a faction.....?
12-14-2011, 10:36 AM
NPFs as a faction.....?
Has anyone ever 'bent' the rules a bit to allow one player to take control of only NPFs? I love the idea of a night raid on a Convoy camp by a pack of Lycals, Bamaka clansmen going hunting for the Bayakoye in some mireling-ridden swamp, or a big group of Degenerates staking claim to an area in Matriarchy territory.

I don't suppose it'd be too difficult to adjust the existing rules, just work out a points value and increase the limit you can field of each (non unique) NPF.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2011, 10:39 PM
RE: NPFs as a faction.....?
I don't know if anyone ever tried, but it sure looks fun Smile
Some advices on creating a NPF troop :
As there is no real equation between Level and Value, it's hard to tell what should be the Value of a NPF. If you ever tried to play with a Level Infestation of 10, you know how hard it can be. It's like a third faction is playing.
So you might say, "OK, with a sum of 20 Level, it should work", but that won't do, because NPF obey different rules and, played as normal, they can be triggered to do certain things. My guess would be to play with 15 levels and see what it does.
Make every NPF obey the normal rules (they have 3 AP, move and charge as normal, etc.) Adapt some special abilities to the normal rules (give a free attack to the Bayakoye and the Mireling for example) and see if that works.
Build specific scenarios around these troops. Don't hesitate to let the Missions aside and play a dedicated scenario and balance your NPF troop around that Smile
Oh, and aside from that, we are working on some sort of NPF faction. You'll hear from that again before June, I might add... Wink
12-15-2011, 01:16 AM
RE: NPFs as a faction.....?
(12-14-2011 10:39 PM)Berf Wrote:  I don't know if anyone ever tried, but it sure looks fun Smile
Some advices on creating a NPF troop :
As there is no real equation between Level and Value, it's hard to tell what should be the Value of a NPF. If you ever tried to play with a Level Infestation of 10, you know how hard it can be. It's like a third faction is playing.
So you might say, "OK, with a sum of 20 Level, it should work", but that won't do, because NPF obey different rules and, played as normal, they can be triggered to do certain things. My guess would be to play with 15 levels and see what it does.
Make every NPF obey the normal rules (they have 3 AP, move and charge as normal, etc.) Adapt some special abilities to the normal rules (give a free attack to the Bayakoye and the Mireling for example) and see if that works.
Build specific scenarios around these troops. Don't hesitate to let the Missions aside and play a dedicated scenario and balance your NPF troop around that Smile
Oh, and aside from that, we are working on some sort of NPF faction. You'll hear from that again before June, I might add... Wink

Oh tell me more! I think I will try to come up with some sort of scenarios, after I've actually played a game or two.....