Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ISC and Bamaka Groups
03-12-2012, 10:57 PM
ISC and Bamaka Groups
I'm on a mission, a mission to finish everything I own before Salute at the end of April. Quite a task but I'm on track and just finished 'phase 3' which was to paint the rest of my Eden models (Tarar is still unfinished but he'll be done by the end of today). So, first up - ISC!

[Image: IMAG0146.jpg]

Fairly pleased with how they turned out, but I did rush them a bit. Still, they look good kicking arse on the table and that's what matters the most Big Grin

Next up - Bamaka pygmies! I wanted to go for a 'creepier' look and make them look even less human so based their colour scheme on cave salamanders (ie: very pale/translucent skin) turns out that painting transluscent skin isn't as easy as I hoped so they've ended up looking more albino, but it still works I think. You can see WIP Tarar in the background. I added the mask to him to make him look like he's trying to emulate the features of his smaller kin, and I think I'm going to daub his skin with white paint to make it seem like he's trying to fit in (much like the Diggas do with Orks in Gorkamorka). He's taking a while to paint so I'm posting this up as I wait for some ink to dry, will post pics of him himself when he's done.

[Image: IMAG0182.jpg]

I absolutely loved painting these little guys, and the big guy for that matter. A joy to paint such intricate detailing, their faces in particular are amazingly well sculpted and take a lot of effort out of painting them Big Grin

Sorry for the crap photos, I tend to spend all my money on toys rather than useful things, like a good lamp or lightbox!

Also just realised I forgot to take a pic of the Mireling (for Sekongo's 'shadow beast'), you can see the WiP of it in the background. It's finished now and I'm really pleased with how he turned out so will put a pic uip later with Tarar.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2012, 04:50 AM
RE: ISC and Bamaka Groups
Great stuff!
Can't wait for more!

ZOG!!!

My blog
http://cassarusrandomrantings.blogspot.com/
03-13-2012, 02:04 PM
very nice, I like the Bamakas most of all

My gaming blog
03-13-2012, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2012 10:59 PM by Lemminkäinen.)
Oh man, these look absolutely great! The dirty white of the ISC works seriously well. The only one I feel looks a bit off is the rightmost dude, looks somewhat simplistic. But that's a minor grievance - a great coherent look you've achieved. Kudos!

As for the Bamaka, some of the veins look maybe a tad thick, but other than that - holy crap those look creepy! The look is fantastic and suits the minis brilliantly. Love the eyes and the attention to detail. Such a characterful force.

Great job and be sure to indeed post the Mireling and Tarar. Thank you so much for sharing these Smile

Resistance is non-futile.
03-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Cheers for the kind words guys. The veins were thinner at first but they were quite hard to make out on the table so I thickened them up a bit. I agree the Black Kunoichi does look a bit plain but I can't really think of how to tart her up a bit... I don't really want to do anything that makes her stand out from the group.
03-14-2012, 07:51 AM
Awesome !
They're all great, but the pygmies are especially great Smile
Great way to underline their mutant roots, they look really 'bad' Cool

[Image: subnorm_wide.jpg]