Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lemm's Hord
09-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Lemm's Hord
Though I'm still busy painting my Resistance (well, and Matriarchy, too) I decided to do a quick paintjob to get my muse back a bit. Something that I could finish in a couple of half-an-hour sessions and, well, I found the Hord beast starter in my stash and decided to put together the one-piece Lycal.

I wanted to give them a sort of albino look. At first I thought making the eyes pink, but in the end thought that black eyes pop better. The hair is weird orange brown with some purple in the shadows and highlights.

[Image: 34relo9.jpg]

What do you think?

Resistance is non-futile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2012, 10:18 PM
RE: Lemm's Hord
Wow ...

What a cool mod, and your paint job really brings it to life.
I like the colours you have used and the base is cool.

Please post more as ive liked all the mods you have done so far.. Smile
10-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Looks awesome! I love Lycals.
11-24-2012, 01:08 PM
With the Matriarchy well underway, I need to start painting some Resistance to have a demo force ready. Resistance were sac a doc longchamp what originally brought be to this game - such lovely minis.
11-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Looking good Lemmi!

ZOG!!!

My blog
http://cassarusrandomrantings.blogspot.com/
12-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Nice Lycal, but it need eyes - so it looked like death. Wink
12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
Great Work Lemm for a half an hour paintshop.
Maybee You paint the eyes red, with a white basecoat and a red ink. A black dot for the pupil before you use the ink and a dark rim around the eyes.
If You use very thin paint in a slightly darker tone, You can add shadows to the cheast and stomach in several layers. The same with the back and the muscle of course with a brighter tone of the same colour. A good tip is to take a small amount of the thin colour and push most of the colour to the spot where you want it.
Also you can add more lights to the hair. Drybrushing with a very bright tone of the hair just on the edges.
12-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Thank you so much for the in depth analysis!

I actually rather like the all-black eyes. Since there's six of them, it kinda gives an arachnid look to him, which I think fits.

As for shading the chest and stomach, I couldn't agree more. I really should work on the direction of the light style shading - especially on a model like this which is mostly just one colour.

I also agree with you on the hair. It was a bit brighter but then I glazed it down a bit, but I should've re-highlighted the very edges anew, agreed.

Resistance is non-futile.