Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IndieGoGo campaign
11-09-2012, 08:23 PM
RE: IndieGoGo campaign
(11-09-2012 04:29 PM)Lemminkäinen Wrote:  A question on the goodies for the campaign though: Are the askaris and the simultaneously unlocked pieces of terrain counted as a single goody or two separate one? So could someone with Apocalypse Now (so eligible for one goody) choose both the male askari and the wall section? (in addition to the limited edition askari special freebie for the campaign backers)

Normally, 'one' goodie refers to all the unlocked elements of a specific stage, so yes you get the male Askari warrior AND the wall as one goodie, at least that's what I've been told (ets hope Taban doesn't die of exhaustion from all the resin castings he has to make Big Grin)

[Image: subnorm_wide.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
(11-09-2012 08:23 PM)Berf Wrote:  Normally, 'one' goodie refers to all the unlocked elements of a specific stage, so yes you get the male Askari warrior AND the wall as one goodie, at least that's what I've been told (ets hope Taban doesn't die of exhaustion from all the resin castings he has to make Big Grin)
Thank you! Two people on another forum were asking about this, so I delivered the good news. (Personally I'm going to take Aftermath's Special level once I'm sure of the minis I'll be taking).

Resistance is non-futile.
11-10-2012, 09:52 AM
10000! Big Grin

ZOG!!!

My blog
http://cassarusrandomrantings.blogspot.com/
11-13-2012, 06:18 PM
I must say that I love love love the scorpion/panther-cyborg NPF. Felines are really hard to do well in minis I've noticed but this one delivers. €15000 can't come fast enough Smile

11-16-2012, 06:26 AM
The campaign has posted a pic of the Askari warrior:
[Image: Askari1-painted.jpg]

Hmmm... I think that the pic doesn't bring quite the best in these out. They look a bit busy and strangely proportioned, though that is probably just due to the trousers being so high yet having so low a crotch.

I like the limited ed's knife but his glaive looks to have a super thin shaft so I might end up using the scorpion arm and the knife. As for the heads, not sure which one to use - I really need to see the limited ed's head in hand to properly form an opinion on it.

11-18-2012, 05:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 05:35 AM by Sashgo.)
Hey,

is there any more information about the Askaris?
Because i like the oriental style they bear and i sure would start this faction Smile
When are they going to be released and do i have to take one of the existing starters if i pledge 100$ or can i wait for the askari starter?

Are you planning to release a card deck with all the scenarios and tactical cards? I think a lot of players would buy that.

Thanks Smile
11-18-2012, 07:44 AM
(11-18-2012 05:30 AM)Sashgo Wrote:  Hey,
Hi! I'll take a shot at answering your questions based on what I've read on the French forums but do note that my French is horrid, so I might've gotten things wrong so none of this is nowhere near official.

Quote:is there any more information about the Askaris?
Because i like the oriental style they bear and i sure would start this faction Smile
When are they going to be released and do i have to take one of the existing starters if i pledge 100$ or can i wait for the askari starter?
The book is going to have fluff on the Askari faction as well. Their starter will come out in December but for the campaign rewards you can only choose stuff that are from October at the latest, so unfortunately not the Askari starter. You do get the 15% voucher for their webstore from the campaign, though.

Quote:Are you planning to release a card deck with all the scenarios and tactical cards? I think a lot of players would buy that.
I agree that that would be very nice!

11-20-2012, 02:25 AM
Hi !

Want some top-secret infos on the Askaris, well here you go Smile
As they are very strong and very advanced in such fields as biological and mechanical weapons, they will fight in very little teams (like the ISC), but will be more flexible.
The Askari starter is not meant to be available for the Indiegogo, mainly because we don't want to strip our retailers from the other major release of the Christmas season Smile
as for the card deck, we will discuss this for next year, in the meantime the 2012 erratas should be available in December.

[Image: subnorm_wide.jpg]
11-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Hey,

sounds nice and it seems they are my kind of stuff Wink

I understand the economic reasons for your actions Smile But i can save the voucher until the Askaris are released? If that is so, you can have my money next month Wink

I'm really pumped for the book because i like Edens setting and really hope this game get's the attention it deserves with that book.

And Lemmi: My french is so bad, i don't even try to look for information at the french forums and i had french for 5 years in school.
11-20-2012, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2012 11:32 PM by Lemminkäinen.)
(11-20-2012 08:51 AM)Sashgo Wrote:  I understand the economic reasons for your actions Smile But i can save the voucher until the Askaris are released? If that is so, you can have my money next month Wink
Aye, that will work.

Quote:I'm really pumped for the book because i like Edens setting and really hope this game get's the attention it deserves with that book.
It's such a lovely game. Easy to start with the low minis count (but, well, at least in my case that doesn't stop me from buying a huge load of them) with simple but deep rules. A really nice bit of design all round.

Quote:And Lemmi: My french is so bad, i don't even try to look for information at the french forums and i had french for 5 years in school.
My French comes mostly from trying to decipher Confrontation and Hell Dorado cards... Big Grin

Edit:

There's also pics of the female Askari warrior:

[Image: 20121119082855-Askari2-painted.jpg?1353342537]

Really liking this one! Especially the limited edition version - I like the head better and the armoured arms complement the head very nicely. A lovely fig!