Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IndieGoGo campaign
11-03-2012, 08:16 PM
IndieGoGo campaign
A crowdfunding campaign for a hardcover rulebook:

http://www.indiegogo.com/EDEN-Hardcover-rules

Rather awesome! Fluff in English is super-welcome.

The way they have set up the 100€ perk is a wee bit strange, though, in that you can kinda "bet" on how huge a success the campaign is going to be. This would be a good system in Kickstarter, but on IndieGoGo you can't change your pledge level which might make people wait to see what the extras are and therefore not reach them Undecided

Hopefully that won't come to pass.

Resistance is non-futile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: IndieGoGo campaign
Always a pleasure to bring the players what they want Smile
Though we did take our time, I can assure you this book will fulfill all your dreams.
All the fluff, for all factions - including the next one. The impact of the Stigmas, where did the ISC come from, who created the Bamakas, etc.
And of course a revised version the rules, with added bonus : 3 to 4 players mode and extensive scenery rules to let you create your apocalypse.

Sure, you can't change your pledge on Indiegogo, but look at it this way : it's up to you to corrupt your friends, and this campaign will make it really easy Wink

[Image: subnorm_wide.jpg]
11-05-2012, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 02:39 AM by Lemminkäinen.)
(11-04-2012 06:21 AM)Berf Wrote:  Always a pleasure to bring the players what they want Smile
Though we did take our time, I can assure you this book will fulfill all your dreams.
All the fluff, for all factions - including the next one. The impact of the Stigmas, where did the ISC come from, who created the Bamakas, etc.
And of course a revised version the rules, with added bonus : 3 to 4 players mode and extensive scenery rules to let you create your apocalypse.
Can't wait! And multiplayer rules should be really cool - very few minis games can handle multiple players (unless they form two alliances, naturally) so that's certainly a selling point.

Quote:Sure, you can't change your pledge on Indiegogo, but look at it this way : it's up to you to corrupt your friends, and this campaign will make it really easy Wink
Oh certainly, but I mean, I'm 100% sure to back this campaign, but I'm still not sure of which of the two €100 pledges to make. And if I were to sit on the fence until near the end I wouldn't contribute to the unlocking of the cool goodies which in turn then couldn't lure even more people in.

I mean, if you choose Apocalypse Now in a sense you're betting that the goodies unlocked won't be over the value of the terrain pack and one set of goodies. If you choose Aftermath' Special, you're betting the opposite. But prolonging this choice is a "sensible" approach in that if you're playing it safe, you should choose Aftermath's Special only once you know that the goodies unlocked are more valuable than the terrain pack and one set of goodies. But prolonging that choice isn't good for the campaign.

11-05-2012, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 04:49 AM by bruiser.)
i have just backed , looks like its what we have been waiting for.
I have almost all of the factions so I didnt need any more models although I would have liked some goodies. Can we up our pledge later on if we want to?

My gaming blog
11-05-2012, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 05:24 AM by Lemminkäinen.)
(11-05-2012 04:45 AM)bruiser Wrote:  i have just backed , looks like its what we have been waiting for.
Most certainly! Smile Can't wait to sink my teeth into the fluff.

Quote:Can we up our pledge later on if we want to?
(Not in any way an official answer, mind): Unfortunately IndieGoGo doesn't allow it (like Kickstarter does) though I think that some have gone round the limit by setting up a Paypal possibility. But that is naturally quite a hassle and won't affect the total of the campaign.

11-06-2012, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 06:04 AM by Lemminkäinen.)
I've been spreading the good word a bit and at least two people have expressed interest in the minis outside the rules (mostly on the more painting oriented forums). Have you considered offering the option of changing the rulebook for more minis? Though I do understand that the campaign is for the rulebook, so that might not feel the right decision to you guys.

Also, news! The artwork for the unlockables looks just crazy good!

These are the €2500 goodies:

[Image: the-wall.jpg]
[Image: Askari1.jpg]

And the one at €5000 (that, if I understood correctly, is going to be an extra for all backer levels, but don't quote me on that since this is again from the French forums, so I might've understood something wrong):

[Image: limited-askari.jpg]

A new faction - Askaris from Istanbul. Man I'm excited for these!

11-06-2012, 09:26 AM
(11-06-2012 05:50 AM)Lemminkäinen Wrote:  [...] if I understood correctly, is going to be an extra for all backer levels, but don't quote me on that since this is again from the French forums, so I might've understood something wrong):

No, you got it right. It will be an exclusive minis for all backers Wink

Already more than 3'000€ in just four days by the way ! Thank you all for supporting the game, it's really great Smile

[Image: subnorm_wide.jpg]
11-06-2012, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 12:05 AM by Lemminkäinen.)
If I choose the €40 worth of minis option for Aftermath's Special, will I be able to include the new stuff from November (if I wait a while for it to be released, that is)? If not, is it possible to choose, as part of the €40 worth, the cheaper Hord starter (which is only €31) and the Black Wolf (worth €7)?

Edit: Have you noticed that the pledge level descriptions in the text proper don't include all the options from the right (Aftermath's Special is missing, but also Now That's Something and Into the Legend). Also, I suggest using the Update-system to notify people of stretch goals that have been met. I love that you included the new stuff into the text proper but you should also do an Update since that's one place where people will look to see how the campaign has developed.

But yeah, very close to €4000 already - sooo excited! Smile

11-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Boom! €5000!

Hooray!

11-09-2012, 04:29 PM
(11-06-2012 10:21 PM)Lemminkäinen Wrote:  If I choose the €40 worth of minis option for Aftermath's Special, will I be able to include the new stuff from November (if I wait a while for it to be released, that is)?
No, I can't. Taban didn't want to screw their retailers over too badly with the crowdfunding campaign and left the November stuff for them to have, which is prolly a good call (my main fear with crowdfunding is that it will harm the retailers (though some argue that it actually it might help them in the long run)).

A question on the goodies for the campaign though: Are the askaris and the simultaneously unlocked pieces of terrain counted as a single goody or two separate one? So could someone with Apocalypse Now (so eligible for one goody) choose both the male askari and the wall section? (in addition to the limited edition askari special freebie for the campaign backers)