Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
mostly ISC
12-15-2012, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 02:24 PM by rebuzz.)
mostly ISC
Here are some of mine...

and one more...

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2012, 01:19 AM
RE: mostly ISC
I really like the green metal!

I think the Ubume could use a bit more variation with the metallic colours.
12-16-2012, 03:31 AM
The green metal makes them look very insectile, which suits these models extremely well. Your version of the Corrupter (that's it's name, right?) is particularly awesome, I think. My favourite, however, is the Yellow Gaki. Really effective scheme for the little dude.

As for the Black Ubume, she indeed looks maybe a bit bland. I do like the very dead look you've given her skin, though.

Maybe black lip edges for the bases, though? The desert yellow is a bit overwhelming (black would be more neutral) especially with no vegetation on the bases (which is fair enough for post-apocalypse, mind).

But yeah, good stuff. Thanks for posting! Smile Always fun to see a very different take.

Resistance is non-futile.
12-16-2012, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2012 10:44 AM by rebuzz.)
Thanks for the comments.

I just took the colours given by their names mixed with silver.

The Black Ubume should look like dead meat with machine parts. The miniatures look is to human to paint it complete in mechanic style. Therfore i am pleased with her. Black is for me a hard colour to paint.

Nice idea to use black on the edge of the bases. I will give that a try. Maybee it also gives a focus to the figure, especially on the battlefield. Precisely because my battlefield is in nature style with ponds and green grass. But more of this in my upcoming thread.

Here is the last one of my painted miniatures. I tried to create a sourcelightning effect with this blue colour. I think i messed up. Sad

And the whole pack so far.

12-17-2012, 03:34 AM
Ooh, they look cool as a group. And in the second pic I really get to appreciate the different hues on the Green Konchu. Love how you've played with the cool and warm greens for the metal - looks great!

As for the source lighting, I think that the most important thing is to be bold and you've certainly been, so in my book it works. I mean, it could be neater and such, but if this was your first attempt at OSL, it's very impressive. I like it!

12-17-2012, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2012 12:09 PM by rebuzz.)
And one more, this time without base. I am going to adjust my base style to my gameboard. As I see the photos i noticed some thinks to be redone. Especially the blue parts of the body. The source lighting works much better with yellow and orange.

12-19-2012, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 02:06 AM by rebuzz.)
update, photos with daylight and new base design

12-19-2012, 05:30 AM
Ah, yeah, I like them a lot more like this. The previous bases took too much attention - these complement the models much better. Good stuff!