Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Errata 2012
11-27-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: Errata 2012
(11-27-2012 05:24 AM)owen matthew Wrote:  This is assuming that you run the three Lycalls together, but you probably never would. You would get more out of them breaking them up to support other combats. This is why I bristle at the idea of comparing the three of them as one to other 15 point profiles. Unless they had a rule stating they had to maintain some kind of coherency then they should be weighted separately against other like costed models, or against the design for their parent army.
Aye, this is a good point. They also take up more physical space, so getting them all into combat with one model isn't simple in practice. My point was mostly that unless the opposing model has PR, they can be dangerous and since they are so cheap it works rather nicely.

It's interesting how outnumbering works in Eden, actually. It doesn't give our straight bonuses like in many other games, which I found rather strange at first. But the simple fact that the outnumbered party runs out of AP means that outnumbering is very effective, but this effectiveness kinda flows organically from the rules set, which is actually pretty cool.

All in all I really like this sort of design. A similar situation is in GW's LotR SBG rules set, which doesn't enforce formation in any way, or give any mechanical bonus from them, but the way the combat system works means that cheap infantry benefit a lot from being set up in formations. Though if the situation calls for it, they can disperse very easily. This same thing was evident in Confrontation's micro level tactics in that positioning bases intelligently could give a lot of benefit by forcing the enemy to engage you in your own terms and making ganging up really difficult.

Hmm, that got off in a bit of a tangent. Big Grin But yeah, I guess my point is simply that I find this sort of serendipitous tactical depth very cool.

Resistance is non-futile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2012, 03:34 AM
Outnumbering in C3/3.5 was the path to victory. I have not found a dice-based game where I could not say that, though... Or, I am just drawn to that playstyle. I love the management of troops, not resource! I almost always go for the hoard style list in any system, rather than the ISC.. In C. I played Drunes and Sessairs, not Griffons- I'm playing Behemoths now, and it is hard as I need to change so much of my thinking. I like to be able to make mistakes and keep going, or make tactical sacrifices and still be able to push through- you need models to do that consistently and reliably.

In order to make the outnumbering work you do need a modicum/balance of quantity and quality, junk will not get the job done. OR you need a real ability to spam, and this game does not have that.

I chose Bamaka based on the models, but I got Hord as a second because I liked the Lycals and the idea. More testing will determine what I stick with... I may still have some clowns in my future!
12-03-2012, 11:02 PM
(11-28-2012 03:34 AM)owen matthew Wrote:  Outnumbering in C3/3.5 was the path to victory. I have not found a dice-based game where I could not say that, though... Or, I am just drawn to that playstyle. I love the management of troops, not resource! I almost always go for the hoard style list in any system, rather than the ISC.. In C. I played Drunes and Sessairs, not Griffons- I'm playing Behemoths now, and it is hard as I need to change so much of my thinking. I like to be able to make mistakes and keep going, or make tactical sacrifices and still be able to push through- you need models to do that consistently and reliably.
Well, to be fair, I find Behemoth probably the most difficult Confrontation force to play with. Orcs are already somewhat difficult and Behemoth way more so.

Quote:In order to make the outnumbering work you do need a modicum/balance of quantity and quality, junk will not get the job done. OR you need a real ability to spam, and this game does not have that.
I slightly disagree in that many models are somewhat easy prey once they are out of AP. Especially those who rely mostly on dodging to save them. And since basically all models have just the three AP no matter their price, having just a couple of dudes ganging up on someone can lead to a messy end. High Pr notwithstanding.

Quote:I chose Bamaka based on the models, but I got Hord as a second because I liked the Lycals and the idea. More testing will determine what I stick with... I may still have some clowns in my future!
The cheap starters certainly are a dangerous thing Wink

02-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Any official confirmation for this yet?
02-06-2013, 06:08 AM
This has been asked in the French forums as well - apparently the playtesting is still underway.

02-08-2013, 03:42 AM
It should be available soon though.
We're still balancing some Missions, but the rest is ready. We just want to 'release' everything at the same time Smile

[Image: subnorm_wide.jpg]
02-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Good to know Smile

I was just curious Smile
04-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Hi all,

Our gaming group just found Eden at Salute convention last weekend. We are now reading the rules for introductory games this sunday. Were these Erratas confirmed? Just so we don't start using these models one way, then find out that its wrong.

We have ISC, Bamaka, Hord and Jokers' starters so a few of the models listed would be affected.
04-23-2013, 03:53 AM
Here's the official version:
http://www.taban-miniatures.com/forum/sh...hp?tid=846

So yeah, much of the errata here came to pass, but not quite everything.

Also, welcome to the boards and to Eden - a great choice! Smile