Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Askari - Finally finished!
04-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Music Askari - Finally finished!
[Image: 521712_10152765323275503_92289780_n.jpg]

Started them when they arrived, just got around to finishing them last night! Aicha was great to paint, really looking forward to getting the other Askari releases at Salute.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Askari - Finally finished!
Man, those look awesome! They very much evoke a post-apocalyptic desert feel. And they look so damn menacing, too. Absolutely great! Defender's blade could maybe use something to liven it up a bit, but then again painting large, flat blades is always tricky (I know I can't do it).

How have they been working for you in game?

Resistance is non-futile.
04-13-2013, 04:27 AM
They really look cool. Like Lemm said, wonderful desert feeling!
04-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Cheers dudes.

@ Lemm: Awesome! I've really enjoyed them so far. They have the same setbacks as ISC, being an 'elite' group with a low model count so you have to be *very* careful with them. Especially as they're not as tough as most ISC drones. What they lack in resilience they make up for with raw hitting power and a lot of neat tricks to keep them alive, the synergy in the group is awesome - more than I've encountered in Eden before - but that does somewhat add to their fragility as if you lose one then not only are you even more outnumbered but you'll likely have lost some good support abilities so it pays to be quite cautious with them but if you get a window of oppertunity - take it! The Warrior buffed by Aicha will kill pretty much anything stone dead, just make sure he's not going to get overwhelmed with your opponents remaining models!

Really looking forward to AlGhul, I think he'll add a lot more versatility to the group.

Some more upgrade cards would be nice though Smile
06-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Those guys look fantastic!
As someone who is only learning of Eden in the past week or so, I didn't even know of this faction? They aren't listed on the (English) page. Where can I see more of them?
06-06-2013, 03:08 PM
(06-05-2013 11:59 PM)Addam Wrote:  Those guys look fantastic!
As someone who is only learning of Eden in the past week or so, I didn't even know of this faction? They aren't listed on the (English) page. Where can I see more of them?
They are the newest faction with only the starter (three minis + the limited edition mini, who isn't an actual fighter) and two other releases. For seeing the minis, I suppose that the store is your best bet: http://www.taban-miniatures.com/shop2/in...Path=48_79

06-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks, they look really cool. So the anniversary special figure isn't for actual use in the game?
06-06-2013, 10:53 PM
(06-06-2013 09:44 PM)Addam Wrote:  Thanks, they look really cool. So the anniversary special figure isn't for actual use in the game?
He is used as a mission objective (so if you don't have the mini, you can use a simple counter).

Taban avoid releasing limited edition minis that can be normally recruited in a game since keeping them limited could give an unfair advantage to people who have been playing a long time over a newbie who has just started. So essentially you don't need to scour eBay for expensive limited edition sculpts in order to get an advantage in a tournament.

06-07-2013, 02:44 AM
Very glad to hear that, as that is a pet peeve of just about everyone, I believe.