Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
June News
07-14-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: June News
(07-13-2014 04:56 PM)Lemminkäinen Wrote:  I'm super interested in the rules for Yellow Oshoku at least Smile
Having said that, I found them on the French side and Google translate worked its magic. So here's a rough version:

Yellow Oshoku – Drone – Change (30 pts)
6 OOO 1
5 OOOO 2,3
4 OOOO 4,5
5 OOO 6
*équipement : Renfort léger de plastacier (Pr/Tech) : Complète +1.*

*Paralysie (perm) (2SP, 1/round)*
All fighters within 10cm of Yellow Oshoku are affected when this ability is activated. Until the end of the round, the affected fighters can only throw a maximum of five dice when making a CBT roll even if their CBT is higher than 5.

*Camouflage optique (perm)*
Enemies cannot charge Yellow Oshoku from further away than their PSI in cm. Yellow Oshoku is also never considered the closest enemy fighter for shooting unless it is the only one in range.

*Perturbateur (perm) (1 PS, 1/tour)*
You can activate this ability after choosing the first player for the round. When playing a tactical card, each player must make a difficulty 4 PSI roll with their leader. Each die that does not succeed raises the SP cost of playing that card by one. If the player can not or does not want to pay this extra cost, the card has no effect.

---

That last one is pretty damn nasty against the Askari. All in all a very solid model, IMO.

Resistance is non-futile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2014, 02:50 AM
Sorry for the late answer, Yellow Oshoku is already translated by Lemm so I go with the other ones^^

ASK-013
Askari Elkelb - Mutant (Destruction) 30 Points (40 mm)
PSI 2/1 OOO|OO 1
KAT 3/2 OOO|OOO 2,3
WID 6/5 OOO|OOO 4,5
GES 3/2 OO|OOO 6
Keine Ausrüstung
Physisch/2
Mental/0
AVA/2
Mecha/1
Call of Blood (Perm): At the beginning of every round, right after the first player is determined, the Askari Elkelb gains one rage token.
Untamed wilderness (Perm): No rage tokens are removed from the Askari Elkelb in the end phase(? don't know how that phase is called in english)

AM-0??
Paraspinaler Impuls
Physisch/1
The enhanced warrior can counter enemy actions which SPD is equal or lower than his own

AM-0??
Selektive Lobotomie
Mental/1
The enhanced warrior ignores fear and rage effects.

AM-0??
Überaktiver Metabolismus
AVA/1
The enhanced warrior gains following ability:
Mutated Metabolism (Perm): At the beginning of the end phase the enhanced warrior heals 1 CP in
one bodyzone.

AM-0??
Biometrisches Backup
Mecha/1
After the enhanced warrior is killed and removed from play, the owner may take as much discarded tactical cards back on his hand as the removed warriors PSI value.
The enhanced warrior gets following equipment:
Biochip (Tech)

RES-018
Marvin - Human (Destruction) 10 Points (30 mm)
PSI 2/1 OO|OO 1
KAT 3/2 OO|OO 2,3
WID 3/2 OOOO|O 4,5
GES 3/2 OO|OO 6
EDLC2 Batterie (Tech): OOO
Oilcan (area): Handicap (1)*, 1/Match
Taser (action) (1BU): Against Marvins next close-combat attack the enemy player is not allowed to choose counter-strike as an action. If Marvin has at least one successful hit (before a dodge reaction) the attack gains one following effect:
-the target suffers -2 CBT until the end of the round
-the target suffers -2 SPD until the end of the round
Harmless Weapon (perm): When Marvin uses his Oilcan, units under the template gain no damage but every other effect still occurs.

*Handicap (x): Shows that the equipment causes a handicap against the opponent. Enemy fighters affected from the weapon gain 1 slowdown marker

NEP-007
Hk'Hyudn – Alien (Protection) 30 Points (40 mm)
PSI 3/4 OOO|OO 1,2
KAT 5/6 OO|OOOO 3
WID 4/6 OOOO|OO 4,5
GES 5/6 OO|OOO 6
Nergalteiler (Tech)
Nergalteiler (Action) (1 AP, 1/Round): A allied Alien around 10 cm of Hk'Hyudn heals a user-determindes amout of CP in a single location. On the other hand Hk'Hyudn looses the healed CP in a single location. You can't heal more CP as Hk'Hyudn has left in a single location.
Counterstrike (Perm) (1 SP, 2/Round): If Hk'Hyudn has at least one success at a dodge raction he can make a free attack immediately. This attack doesn't count to the limited restriction of a round.
K-Antigen (Perm): Everytime Hk'Hyudn qould receive a fear, burn, slowdown or poison token this token is converted to a rage token. If Hk'Hyudn already has a rage token, he will not receive another rage token.

Hope your eyes won't bleeed because of my english XD
07-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Thank you so much! Really nice. For the record, the end phase is called Intendancy Phase (which is an extremely weird name for a phase that I doubt no native would ever come up with).

That Elkelb is rather strange, isn't he? I'm having a hard time imagining how he'll work - would need to see it on the table, I think.

Marvin is a bit let down by that extremely low SPD value, I think. OTOH he is only ten points but since the effects he gives are only until the end of the round that SPD 3 really hampers him.

Hk'Hyudn looks really powerful - Counterstrike is golden and heals are always big. That 4/6 in Vig is certainly very interesting.

07-16-2014, 05:39 AM
Yuk to selective lobotomy Sad
I can see my regular Askaris opponent taking it to neutralise the Yellow Komuso's trumpet of doom
07-19-2014, 10:51 PM
No problem Lemm, just trying to help!

I can't see the use of the Elkelb either, I bet there is something we are missing here...

Marvin is really nice, for only 10 points you get a character which can harass the enemy.

Hk'Hyudn is really strong but those 30 points makes him hard to fit in with the existing models. I'm still waiting for a good exchange for Yu'Silaa

I think the Yellow Oshoku is way too overpriced for his abilities. Not a lot of fighters have ha higher CBT than 5 except ISC so he is only "good" against ISC
07-20-2014, 04:40 AM
(07-19-2014 10:51 PM)Kamaro Wrote:  I think the Yellow Oshoku is way too overpriced for his abilities. Not a lot of fighters have ha higher CBT than 5 except ISC so he is only "good" against ISC
On the other hand I've found that ISC really respect high CBT values. If you have Pr+2, then CBT 5 won't scare you much but CBT 8 will since the number of CP in a limb is usually low for ISC.

A death of a thousand cuts really doesn't work against the ISC Smile

Therefore, when going against ISC I find it a very good idea to get CBT as high as possible at the expense of everything else, essentially. So boost one model using Rage and Tactical Cards and abilities to give it as high a CBT as possible and then hit them. Yellow Oshoku guards against this weakness so I don't find it overcosted.

07-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Jeah but that is a rare occasion. I usually take models which lower the armour or Otto with his awesome chainsaw Big Grin I think 25 points would be ok but 30 are way too much Smile
07-21-2014, 04:53 PM
30 is definitely a lot of points for him, but that limit of 5 str really makes it hard to get in and rip up the robots. Like Lemm, I would normally tool up one character and all-in.

The bigger thing, to me, is that at 30 points, he's hard to make work in terms of getting VPs. ISC generally get beat on the missions, rather than getting taken off the board, in my experience.
07-22-2014, 05:28 AM
I'm thinking that if he were lower in points, he would be an auto-take. I dunno, my main opponents have been ISC and I see this guy eliminating (or at least relieving) their main weakness, so 30 seems like a fair cost.

07-24-2014, 12:38 AM
Don't know. Please, someone who plays ISC has to test him in various occasions Big Grin