Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lemm's Resistance
01-15-2013, 05:27 AM
RE: Lemm's Resistance
Fantastic Patriot, how did you make the weathering (stepbystep) I like it very much. What an idea to paint him yellow, really great. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2013 12:37 AM by Lemminkäinen.)
Thank you all for the positive feedback!

I do agree that OSL on the eye would make it pop, but I was too afraid to try it here so chickened out and decided that it's merely a lens, not a light source Big Grin

(01-15-2013 05:27 AM)Eorl Wrote:  Fantastic Patriot, how did you make the weathering (stepbystep) I like it very much. What an idea to paint him yellow, really great. Wink
It's actually super, super simple.

First I painted the yellow as normal. Then I took a tiny bit of packing foam from a blister, dipped it into Charadon Granite (GW Foundation Paint from their previous line - it's a very dark greyish brown), wiped off the excess and applied this to the yellow preferring edges. Then I merely painted (with a brush this time) the patches with Boltgun metal being careful to leave some of the Charadon Granite onto the edges. And that's really all there was to it.

Super simple. I can't remember where I read about this but when reading I was kinda sceptical in that I didn't believe it could be that simple. But it really was and I'm happy with the end result.

Resistance is non-futile.
01-19-2013, 03:13 AM
The Patriot looks stunning. I have to try the blister foam method Wink
06-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Haven't posted pics of new stuff in a long time. I'm currently building Duncan, Bruce, and Valor. Hoping to get them painted this month.

But here's a team shot with some of the terrain we have just to post something:

[Image: fz954j.jpg]

Resistance is non-futile.
06-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Very nice looking squad!